- Chapter 28 -

Get some popcorn ready y'all shits going down. 🫢🌚👀

Aurelia

I make my way back to the room for the announcement. Yes, I picked Mel. I didn't really though, we still have a chance to get Alex.

I go and stand next to Liyah who is hanging out in the back of the room. "Where have you been?" She asks.

"I had to use the bathroom that's all," I try my best to not sound suspicious. Everyone begins in get into a more uniform group and the lights fade and the stage glows.

A young looking man, probably the same age as Silas or a little older takes the stage. "Hello and welcome everyone. I know we've all been waiting patiently as our great leader the one and only Mr. Smith planned and perfected the way we will end the Italian mafia and take it power and wealth," the man talks on and on.

"Now we are closer than we've been in a while to doing so, the man who has made this all possible is here tonight to greet y'all, please welcome Mr. Alexander Smith," he rises his hands to hype the crowd up.

The people go absolutely wild as the exact man Liyah described strolled onto the stage. "Thank you thank you," he says silencing the crowd.

"As Liam said, I've been working in the background to make it possible to be here today, in the state where none other than Silas De Luca lives his life," I feel shivers as he announces this to an apparent unaware crowd.

"I've grown much since the last he's seen me, I've grown into a man who realizes what he needs and utilizes his resources. I'm a man who knows the strength in unity," he gives a speech as if he's some sort of heroine.

"With this, I've come to know that to lead this mafia right, I need a mafia queen by my side, which is why I am pleased introduce my soon to be wife, Amelia Thompson," she gracefully struts onto the stage.

Liyah grips my arm tightly as she sees Mel walk onto the stage. I squeeze her hand as a sign that I see what she's seeing.

Alex wraps her arm around her waist and pulls her close. She rests her arm around his waist as well. "You guys understand the sacrifices I've given to make this all possible right?" He ask and the crowd gives a murmured yes.

"I knew you all would. That's why I have to do this. We've got some spies you could say within our crowd. I can really risk them getting out, the building is locked down. No one can leave unless they go through the back doors which I've got the key too," he starts to explain and the crowd looks around in confusion.

"This building it going to light up in flames within the next 10 minutes. After that, the whole thing will be engulfed in flames in 30 minutes. Thank you all for your sacrifice and once again, this was all helping me toward killing our enemy," he and Mel watch as the crowd enter a panic.

It was a fucking trick and Mel didn't even tell me? I stare into her soul as she remains on the stage and she doesn't dare to make eye contact with me. "Spencer it was a trap, we'll be out as soon as we can exit," Liyah says quietly into her mouth piece.

This is my fault, I should've just taken Alex. I trusted Mel and she is going to let me die in here after all we've been through. So much for girls girl. She all for herself apparently.