Chapter 48

^
"We should stick together, you're my best friend and I love you forever,"
Amelia and Aurélia 🥲

Amelia

"I'm not doing it." I say plain faced, crossing my arms. "Babe, I know you guys used to be close but I need you to help me out. Marcos practically gone crazy and he's not thinking right. Hell ruin the whole plan if I keep allowing this impulsive behavior." Alex begs.

Ever since Marco returned from his "mission" to capture Aurél- Mia, he's been rushing the plan. "I know, but I'm standing on this. It's just not right and you told me I could stay out of it." I stay adamant. Alex has been begging me to help him out by luring Mia in. He wants me to make her think we're I want to rekindle our relationship.

I sigh, fiddling with my fingers as my eyes shift away from his. "It's just to much. You know how hard it's been for me to sit here and listen as he says all that crazy stuff? I've been keeping to myself and it's really unfair to ask me to do more." I explain.

"He's not crazy, just in love. You know if go through just as much for you." He leans over the desk, pulling my hands into his.

Alex loves his brother, I know that. It's just blinding sometimes. He admires him so much, he doesn't see the flaw in his ways. Marco is crazy, that's what I know. When him and Mia used to date, she was blinded just like Alex.

I care for him just as I do for her, I wish he could get out of this mess with his brother. Maybe then I really could be with Mia again. I hate that. That name she hates, Marco makes us use that instead of Aurélia for some odd reason.

An aggressive knock comes from outside the door. "What?" Alex raises his voice. The door creaks as it's slowly pushed open. Alex sighs as Ondreia enters.

"Marcos not here." He has an attitude as the words slip out. "Well tell him I'm looking for him? I just want him to meet his son once before he decides he doesn't want to see him," she says tiredly as she rocks the small baby back and forth.

My eyes hold sorrow for her as she closes the door. She reminds me of Mia, to much. That's what Marco wanted after all. Her looks match Mia's almost exactly, her skin slightly paler. I'm pretty sure she's mixed.

She held Marco over, before he found me, before he found Mia. By then, he'd been with Dreia enough to get her pregnant. Too bad, the baby looks just like Marco, dark hair, dark eyes, skin slightly darker than his. Even his face, I can tell who he's going to take after.

"Just think about it okay? I won't make you if you don't want to." Alex brings my attention back to what we were talking about, standing up. He kisses my head as he walks out of the office, leaving me alone.

I get up not to long after, closing the door as I leave. I turn the corner, surprised to find Dreia sitting on the floor holding a crying baby. "I didn't know you were still here," I say sliding down next to her.

"Well, Marcos assistant told me he'd be back soon, so I figured I'd wait." She smiles softly at me as the baby finally calms. "What's his name?" I refer to the baby.

"Ezra Rhys Gray." She says it proudly. The baby giggles hearing his name. "Wow, no smith?" I'm suprised considering how close Dreia was with Marco.

"Nope, this is my son. Why would I give him that man's last name if he doesn't even know if he wants to be a dad?" She makes a good point. "I'm not here because I want him Amelia. I just want my son to have a family, you know? Me and Marco had a good run, but he's far too infatuated with Mia to care about me truly." She admits sadly.

"You deserve much better than him Dreia. Whether he wants to be in his son's life or not, you'll make a great mom." I wrap my arm around her, pulling her close.

"Thanks Amelia. This boys a lot of work, but he sure is cute. Wanna hold him?" She turns him toward me. "Duh," I say excitedly as I scoop him up.

Words: 734

A/N:

So.. Marco has a son 😧 also, who's wondering what Marcos planning for Aurélia?? 🤔 hm..

Sorry for the short chapter, I try to release another one within the next 2-3 days.

Just had to let y'all know 🙌🏾🤷🏽‍♀️

Anyways ✌🏾 star this chapter ⭐️ if u loved it ‼️💞 ttyl 👋