- Chapter 2 -

Aurélia

I've been driving for a while now, I think about 45 minutes but I'm trying to get far from my dad but not to far so I can stay near my siblings. I've been thinking about my job options and I haven't thought of much.

My dream job as a kid was lawyer but I couldn't do that without a college degree, and now wasn't a time where I could afford college or leave my sister. I want her to get an education so maybe after high school she can have the option to go to college unlike me.

"Réli, I think we've driven far enough, let's go to a hotel now please." Camilla says, interrupting my thoughts.

"Okay, I think I see a hotel up ahead anyways." I spot a hotel then pull into the parking lot.

-

"103$ per night." The man at the front desk says.

"I don't know exactly how long we will be staying for." I say unsure of how long I'd like to be here.

"Okay well at the end of your stay when you checkout I'll just tell you know much it will be." He says politely smiling at me.

"Ok thanks." I say wanting to end the conversation and go to bed.

He gives me a key and me and Camilla head to our room which has two beds. As soon at I get into the room I collapse onto my bed and pass out exhausted from the beating my dad gave me and driving. Tomorrow was a new beginning for me and Camilla.

-

I woke up around 8:30am. When I woke up I had less pain in my arm but my back was a little sore still. I went to the bathroom and peed, brushed my teeth, and got into the shower. I picked out an outfit and put my curly hair into two braids.

Aurélia's outfit:

I exited the hotel and headed to a cafe across the street from the hotel

I exited the hotel and headed to a cafe across the street from the hotel. "Hello mam! Welcome and what can I get you today?" The cheery girl at the register said to me.

"Hello I think I'll just have a glazed donut and an iced coffee please and thank you." I said as polite as I could.

"That will be 7.59$!" she said still so just as cheery. I took out a 10 dollar bill and handed it to her.

"Keep the change." I told her. She handed me my donut and coffee and I went to sit down.

Once I sat down I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went to call my younger sister Kimora who was with my mother. "Salut? Kimora?" I said into the phone.

"salut. maman n'est pas là en ce moment quoi de neuf?" She said back to me.

"Écoute, Camilla et moi avons quitté la ville depuis un moment. nous avons dû nous éloigner de notre père. nous vous rendrons visite bientôt d'accord ? Je t'aime et je dis aux jumeaux que je les aime." I spewed out quickly.

(Hello || Hi. mom isn't here right now what's up? ||Look, Camilla and I have been out of town for a while. we had to get away from our father. we'll visit you soon, okay? I love you and I tell the twins that I love them.)

I waited impatiently for Kimora to say something back. After a bit of silence she said "c'est bon Réli. Je comprends que tu as dû t'éloigner de ton père. ne restez pas trop longtemps à l'écart, d'accord ? moi et les jumeaux vous aimons aussi." Her voice sound as if she was holding back tears.

(it's good Réli. I understand that you had to distance yourself from your father. don't stay away too long, okay? me and the twins love you too.)

"ok soeur je promets que je vais visiter bientôt. au revoir." I say also wanting to cry at the thought of leaving my siblings all alone.

"Au revoir." She says then hangs up.

(ok sister i promise i will visit soon. bye. || bye)

Me and my siblings all speak to each other in French which we learned from my mom before she became an addict. She grew up in France before moving here to Pennsylvania.

I then go to call my Eliza to tell her the news also. The phone rings for a little then goes to voicemail which I kind of expected since she busy with school a lot. I leave a voice message telling her everything. After that I quickly finish my coffee then set off to the bar next to the hotel.

I'd saw the help wanted sign in the window last night and figured it was my safest bet although i was under the legal drinking age. When I entered the bar I saw a man standing behind the bar on his phone. He was quiet a handsome man with his black dreads and brown skin which reminded me of my brother. "Hello, I saw the help wanted sign in your window." I said making him jump as he hadn't seen me walk in.

"Oh yeah that sign. I forgot that was there." He said.

"Okay so how old are you?" He asked me. I was now sitting at the bar in front of him.

"I'm 21." I replied truthfully.

"That's perfect" he answered. "Ok your hired. When can you start?" What kind of interview is this?

"You don't have anymore questions?" I asked confused.

"Do you want the job or not?" He says over the conversation a bit.

"Yes! I can start tonight! Thank you so much." I said.

-

Word count: 937