- Chapter 39 -

^
Song kinda exposes me 🌚 listen after the first chunk 🎀💋

Silas

We enter the house, the smell of dust and flowers fill my nose. I watch Aurélia making around the familiar house, touching everything. Remembering.

"I haven't been here since I was 14, it's just how she left it," she smiles to herself while picking up some photos set out on a table. I walk over to her. The photos are of what I guess to be either her and her siblings or her mom and her mom's siblings.

"Who are they?" I ask curiously. "Well, that's my Sister Eliza," she begins and she doesn't have to continue. "That's you," I point to the little girl jumping on a trampoline, holding hands with a tiny little girl. "And that's Camilla," she nods.

I examine little Aurélia. Same face, same big brown eyes and pigmented lips. Same curly long hair, although it's in a stylish bun on top of her head. She's got her two front teeth missing, very obvious in her while smile. She got her hand latched onto tiny Camilla's, who couldn't have been more then 4.

And Eliza, the unknown sister. She seen watching her younger sisters, she's just observing making sure nothing goes wrong. She really shares no features with Camilla and Aurélia who could arguably be twins.

"You were such a cutie when you were little," I tease, poking her. She rolls her eyes and slaps my hand away. "So were you," she replies setting down the picture.

"Thanks, I-" how does she know what I looked like.. "where did you find pictures of me?" I say in a panicked tone. "After the dinner, your mom texted me apologizing. We've been talking, she might have sent me some pictures of you," she wanders.

of course. I sigh, "what exactly did she show you?" I try and act claim, not tipping her off there's something I worried about. "Nothing much, baby pictures, some with you and Sofia," she begins listing.

"Oh and also, just some pictures of you in 9th grade with the lesbian haircut and your glasses. You looked very cute! She even showed me some old videos of you.. vlogging," she giggles.

"I don't know why you're laughing, everyone has a phase. Don't tell me you were always perfectly normal as a kid," I deflect. The stupid vlogs, I wish someone would've taken my phone.

"Nope, I've always been perfect," she shrugs. "Whatever, I'll have you know I got very popular from those blogs and the haircut was trending," she nods like she understands what I'm saying. "It's okay Silas, I used to talk to weird kids like you, I'm sure we would've been friends," she pats my cheek before placing a kiss on it.

-

"Your so calm, much better then my sisters," Aurélia coos as she braids my hair into French braids to match hers. I peacefully watch the sky. You can't really see any stars, the blackish blue sky appearing clear.

My body tingles from the physical contact of Aurélia's hands moving against my scalp. "All done," she cheeses staring at me. I stare into her eyes as they glow in the moonlight.

She looks up at my hair as loose hairs fall onto my forehead. "We match," she pulls her long braids forward onto her shoulders. Loose curls move around onto her face, just as my hair did.

I brush the hair out of her face, my hands lingering. Her lips part slightly as she stares back at me. Here we are, in the backyard of her grandmothers house, now laying next to each other on the blanket.