- Chapter 37 -

Silas

I slowly rise my head, awakening to the sound of my phone ringing. I gently slide my arms from around Aurélia and grab the phone, seeing a call from Quinn, the head guard currently as my building.

"Silas, vieni qui velocemente, Alex sta attaccando l'edificio insieme ad alcuni dei suoi uomini," she announces with urgency before the phone line disconnects.

( come here quickly, Alex is attacking the building along with some of his men )

I hop out of bed with a quickened pace, taking her warning seriously. I want to catch the bastard and have a word with him myself.

This was a test from him. See, I had a suspicion he wouldn't just leave his underboss with me to expose his secrets. I suspected he'd planted some sort of mics around my building the night of his escape.

Although I generally wanted to know what Noah would say, I suspected that when Alex heard that Noah was going to expose his so called secret, he'd come running to take or kill him.

I get into my car, taking off in a rush. I have no care the rules of the road at this moment, I've got to get there before he leaves. He escaped me once, but not twice with he leave my grasp.

I pull up to the building and hop out of my car, rushing in. I see the scene of chaos. Men scattered around everywhere, blood staining my floors.

I find Quinn not to far from the basement door, she's got a gun shoot wound in the stomach and is barely conscious. "non morirai oggi, te lo prometto," I whisper to her as I fix her up to slow the bleeding, speedily texting for backup along with medics.

I go down into the chambers with all my hostages. I make my way down the long hall until I reach his. There Alex is, holding his gun at Noah's head while Noah begs for his life from someone he'd never assume he'd have to.

"Alex," I coax his attention toward me. "Nice of you to finally join us, to be honest I didn't expect you to make it," he jokes. My face stays neutral as I step closer to him.

"What's this secret you're so desperate to protect? I hope it's not your brothers death being fake, because I already know about that," I revealed. His face gives an inquisitive look, like he's thinking.

"No, that's not quite the whole story, sorry Silas but I don't think I'm willing to share it with you. You'll find out as my plan unfolds though, don't worry. Well, some of it. You don't really live through all the steps," he says apologeticly, as if he doesn't wish for me to be dead.

"Quit wasting my time Alex, if you're going to do something, do. Don't be a pussy, I know that's hard for you but come on now, we are 15 anymore," I dig at him, hoping to cause some anger.

"Please Alex, I wasn't gonna tell him nothing! Don't do this, think about how-," Noah pleading is cut off by the bullet piercing through his skull.

I watch as his lifeless body drops onto the floor, blood spilling from the hole in his forehead. He runs his fingers through his hair. His face shows somewhat regret, anger.

"Fuck," he whispers under his breath. He rises the gun to aim it at me, looking away while doing so. "I really know you're not going to pull the trigger now," I chuckle as his attempt to scare me.