Chapter 91: (Dion Makes His Move)

(Dion Makes His Move)

*July 16th, 1906*

*Emerald Palace*

It was dawn in the Emerald City, and Ozma and her friends were awaiting Nome King's and his army's arrival.

"It's a good thing we've managed to evacuate the citizens into a safer place or otherwise they'll be in danger." Tin Woodman spoke to Ozma while taking a few deep breaths to himself.

"I agree, and Henry and Em should also be safe with the citizens. I fear that things might go crazy if this plan was to fail." Ozma responded while looking over at the Fountain of Oblivion before turning back to face her friends.

"But, our enemies will soon be here. I sense their presence slowly approaching the Emerald City, but I've managed to send some dust to keep them busy for just a few more minutes." Ozma spoke to Tin Woodman and the others once more and this intrigued Woodman as he walked closer to Ozma.

"Oh, you managed to distract Nome King and the others? That's wonderful. This shall give us more time to discuss what we shall do with them after they drink from the fountain." Tin Woodman responded to his friend with curiosity while Ozma nodded in confirmation as she spoke again.

"Correct. It's not enough to stall them for a longer period, but it's still enough for us to at least find a way to talk as we are doing now." Ozma responded while turning over to face the Fountain of Oblivion.

During this, Polychrome would walk over to stand next to Ozma as the morning wind breeze over the two girls.

"Ozma, I can tell you don't want to fight them, don't you? That's why you came up with this idea, right? I've heard you fought evil people like Mombi and Aurora but despite that, you would rather talk it out with them.." Polychrome spoke to Ozma in a quiet voice so that only the princess could hear it while Ozma nodded in confirmation.

"Correct, but don't get me wrong. Once it comes to protecting my people and those I care about I must fight; however, I always prefer talking it out. That's what I attempted to do with Nome King and even Mombi at an earlier point, but it seems that both of them wouldn't listen so I ended up killing Mombi when I first became who I was while Nome King's plan was defeated at a later point. It's just I don't like fighting or solving any conflict with fighting, but.." Ozma responded in a rather somber voice before being met with Polychrome's warm hand touching her shoulder.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with fighting to protect those you love, that's how I see it. I don't like fighting either, but if it meant protecting those you love, and with a justice cause then I will fight." Polychrome advised Ozma in a warm voice which made her smile.

"Thank you. I know that certain people can't be reasoned with, such as Mombi, but I'll consider your words, and I truly mean that." Ozma responded joyfully as she and Polychrome shared a warm smile.

This moment of peace would be interrupted by sounds of rumbling from the ground that alerted Ozma and the others as finally, Lee-Ow-Oh and his army rose from the ground as they were the first ones to make it out.

"Finally!! We're in the Emerald City!!" Lee-Ow-Oh cried out joyfully as he and his men arose from the ground with the intent of conquering the city; however, due to the dust Ozma sent out, they were thirsty.

"Water! I need water!" Lee-Ow-Oh cried out in thirst as he and his men attempted to drink from the Fountain of Oblivion; however, right when they were about to, a voice called out to them, and it was Dion!

"Stop! Do you fools realize that drinking from that water will make you forget your identity? Such utter fools."  Dion spoke to Lee-Ow-Oh and his men with annoyance as his presence surprised everyone including the villains.