Chapter 76: (Ozma's Birthday Celebration)

(Ozma's Birthday Celebration) 

*Author's Note: This chapter marks the end of the fifth story arc, and thank you to everyone who's read this wonderful story and I know this was a sudden ending and all but I hope everyone still enjoys*

*June 21st, 1906*

*Emerald Palace*

Dorothy ran across the palace with great speed in hopes of arriving at the throne room so she could announce the names of the guests.

"Damn it! I hope I'm not late! I don't want Ozma or anyone doing work I should be doing." Dorothy thought to herself, continuing to run towards her destination until finally, she arrived at the door that led to the throne room.

"Finally! I hope I'm not late." Dorothy spoke to herself as she opened the door, and there, she saw her friends standing in the throne room.

"There you are! We were wondering where you've been. The guests are arriving right now, so be sure to take a seat promptly. It's great seeing you again as well." Oscar advised his friend as he saw the young girl nodding as she ran towards the throne.

"It's good to see you again, my good friend, and I'm glad I made it in time." Dorothy responded in between breaths as she quickly hugged Oscar before sitting on the throne, taking a breather to herself.

"We're glad you made it, and don't worry; you will welcome the guests while I announce their names. It's a lengthy list, so remember each name, okay?" Scarecrow advised his friend while looking at the list of names, and Dorothy nodded understandingly.

"Got it," Dorothy simply responded while cracking her knuckles in preparation to read the guests' names.

There was a moment of silence until suddenly, a group of people consisting of a little girl, two tall men, a fat bear, a king, and plenty of small servants entered the throne room.

"His gracious and most edible Majesty, King John Dough was the first ruler of the two kingdoms of Hiland and Loland. Also, we have the head of Booleywag, Chick. And their most faithful friend, Para Bruin, the rubber bear." Scarecrow spoke in a clear, presenting voice as the group entered the throne room while Dorothy greeted them with a smile.

"Welcome to the Emerald City, the capital of Oz. We hope that you and the rest of our wonderful guests can enjoy a wonderful birthday celebration." Dorothy greeted the first set of guests while smiling as she saw the group conversing with Tin Woodman.

"King John Dough! It's been a while, hasn't it? I shall escort you and the other guests into the dining area where the feast will be held." Tin Woodman greeted the king with a gentle smile as he, the king, and the other guests made their way toward the dining area.

"Goodness, what a bunch of weird people.." Para spoke to himself, amazed, while following his friends into the dining area while Dorothy watched with an interested look.

"Alright, let's see who the next batch of guests are," Dorothy said to Scarecrow with great interest in her voice as she saw her friend smiling back.

"And for our next guests, we have the most loyal, mighty, and very supportive friend of children, his supreme highness...Santa Claus!!" Scarecrow announced with great enthusiasm.

"Ho Ho Ho! Great to see everyone here today and great to meet you all!!" Santa greeted with excitement in his voice while entering the throne room along with many of his elves.

This event made Dorothy, Betsy, and Zeb's eyes light up with surprise since they weren't expecting such an iconic figure to join the party.

"S-Santa!! I-It's a pleasure to meet you; how have things been for you?" Dorothy greeted Santa while getting up from the throne to give Santa a handshake.