Chapter 16: (Dainty China Country)

(Dainty China Country)

*July 18th, 1900* *

*Day 38, Afternoon*

Two days had passed since our heroes had departed from the Emerald City as the gang had finally come across the Ancient Forest; however it was blocked by huge trees who had rather angry expressions on their faces; however, this didn't faze the gang as Dorothy began to speak.

"Excuse me, could we pass by? We're on an important mission to see Glinda, The Good Witch of the South..." Dorothy had asked the trees in a polite tone of voice; however, the trees had shaken their stumps rather angrily as they began to speak.

"Oh really? Do you have any proof?! If not, then SCRAM! We were planted by our majesty before you and your little friends were even a thought! Our goal is to protect Glinda and this forest from harm" The Tree had spoken out in a rather stern tone of voice while Scarecrow had walked over so he could say his piece.

"Well, I'm the new King of Oz, bestowed by Oz himself! So, would you kindly allow us to pass? We don't mean no harm" Scarecrow had asked the tree in a rather stern tone of voice; however, he felt himself being picked up by one of the trees which prompted him to let out a yelp of surprise.

"H-Hey!! Put me down!!" Scarecrow had cried out as he was in the air much to the shock of the others as the tree began to speak.

"You heard him! Leave this place or we'll do much worse!!" The second tree commanded in a gruff tone of voice as it had used one of its branches to throw Scarecrow back a few inches as he had fallen back to the ground while Tin Woodman helped him up.

"Scarecrow! Are you okay?!" Tin Woodman had spoken out to his friend as he was met with a nod of confirmation from Scarecrow as he sighed in relief before looking over to see the trees attempting to grab Dorothy while it was speaking to her.

"Scram!' Nobody gets past the Fighting Trees! Now return to wherever you came!" The Fighting Tree had spoken out as it attempted to grab Dorothy as the young girl screamed in terror; however, Tin Woodman quickly managed to run towards the scene and used his ax to deliver damage to the Fighting Tree as it managed to cry out in pain and during this, Cowardly Lion had seen a pathway to enter the forest.

"Guys!! I've found a way for us to enter the forest! We just gotta keep those darn trees distracted first! Cowardly Lion had spoken out to his friends as this brought relief to the faces of Dorothy and Scarecrow.

"You're right! Let's hurry before any more of those troublesome trees show up" Dorothy had spoken out as she, Scarecrow and Cowardly Lion had quickly ran towards the entrance which was available while Tin Woodman had seen this with a confident smile.

"Sorry, but we're on a mission here and I'm sure Glinda will explain this to you people once she meets us.." Tin Woodman had spoken to the Fighting Tree while laughing as he quickly followed his friends while two more Fighting Trees followed him on his tail as they meant business.

"Stop!' Don't let them pass us! We can't fail Glinda!!" One of the Fighting Trees had spoken out as it had used one of its branches to quickly chase the gang; however, Tin Woodman stopped in his tracks to quickly use his ax to deliver some mighty blows towards the two Fighting Trees as they had cried out in pain and finally, Our heroes had finally made it pass the Fighting Trees and had entered the Ancient Forest while cries of defeat from the Fighting Trees could be heard.

"Did we escape them? I sure hope so..." Dorothy had asked one of her friends while Tin Woodman had shaken his head in denial as they were still running from the threat.

"Not quite, We gotta climb that huge wall!" Tin Woodman had spoken out while pointing at the beautiful white porcelain wall as the band eventually had stopped right in front of it to catch their breaths.