Chapter 51: (Dorothy Picks a Princess)

(Dorothy Picks the Princess)

*January 15th, 1906*

*Land of Mangaboos*

Dorothy and Oscar stood in surprise as they had heard the Prince's orders and this also generated many whispers from the other Mangaboos.

"The Princess?! Is she even ripe yet?! I heard it's gonna take years for her to grow" One Man had whispered out as this could be heard by Dorothy as this only made her more curious.

"Explain, who exactly is the Princess of the Mangaboos? Is she the rightful heir to the throne?" Dorothy had asked the Prince as she was met with the young boy nodding his head in confirmation.

"Yes, She was originally meant to be ripe before me; however, I was born first which made me the ruler of the Mangaboos but I always knew my sister was the rightful heir to the throne for many years and now, I'm able to find her thanks to you and Oscar" The Prince had answered back as this made Dorothy even more intrigued to follow through with his wishes while Oscar remained cautious.

"How do we know you are not lying to us? I've heard from Glinda the Good that Mangaboos are pretty untrustworthy and tend to lead intruders into certain doom when provoked" Oscar had chimed into the conversation as he looked at the Prince rather sternly as this seemed to have annoyed him greatly.

"How stupid can you be? I'm telling the truth! I truly have a sister who is the rightful heir to the throne and just by that, I'm sentencing you and the entire party into the dungeons!!" The Prince had spoken back to Oscar in a very dark and annoyed tone of voice as this shocked Dorothy, Oscar, and everyone else as many more mutters and insults erupted from the Mangaboos as Betsy, Eureka, and Zeb had watched everything from the carriage.

"Annnd we're goners. I wish I had some warm milk or maybe a can of food before our untimely deaths, oh it's such a shame" Eureka had spoken out while yawning to herself in boredom while Zeb grew more fearful of the chain of events while Betsy remained calm but was still fearful.

"Oh great! Now what we're gonna do?! We can't be put to death or put in the dungeons! It's maddening! We have so much to live for" Zeb had spoken out in fear while Betsy nodded her head in agreement as she was on the same boat as her new friend.

"You're right but I have a feeling that Dorothy may get us out of this situation, I've been friends with her for almost a year and I just know that she'll find a way.." Betsy had spoken to Zeb with a smile on her face in hopes of calming him down as the pair continued to watch the current events that were unfolding.

"W-Wait?! You don't have to do that, your majesty. It's just that Oscar doesn't trust you guys and he has good reasons so just tell us, are you lying to us or telling the truth?" Dorothy had asked the Prince in a serious tone of voice as there was silence for a few seconds and just when the Prince was about to answer the question, Gwig had come out of the crowd of Mangaboos with an angered expression on his face which made Dorothy and Oscar curious.

"P-Prince?! You mustn't awaken the Princess for it spells trouble for our prisoners and spells DEATH for you! Don't give into their demands or even your own demands" Gwig had cried out as this generated more mutters from the Mangaboos as the Glass City became filled with many whispers as this new revelation surprised Dorothy and Oscar greatly.

"What do you mean? Explain at once or else I'll send you to your death!!" The Prince had responded back to Gwig in a serious tone of voice as the tone and sound of his voice instantly made the Mangaboos grow silent as there was now dead silence.

"So, if we release the Princess of the Mangaboos then this could mean his death and trouble for us?" Dorothy had thought to herself as she continued to watch the events that were unfolding.