Chapter 37: (The Royal Family of Ev)

(The Royal Family of Ev)

*October 21st, 1905*

*Land of Ev*

The bells were quickly rung for the arrival of Princess Ozma as Langwidere had taken the time to get herself ready by putting on the most beautiful head she could find.

"Ozma?! What in the world could she want?!" Langwidere had spoken out to herself as she quickly walked towards the living room area while Billina was watching this with curiosity.

"Ozma?' Who in the world is she?! I hope she's coming to save me!" Billina had asked Langwidere with curiosity as they waited for an answer.

"Ozma is the ruler of Oz which is the neighboring country to Ev, I have suspicions that she'll want a discussion in regards to an important figure" Langwidere had answered back as this was followed by the sound of the doorbell ringing which caught the princess' attention.

"Coming! I'll be there in just a second!" Langwidere had spoken back while looking at Billina rather coldly as she eventually walked towards the door and answered it.

"Good Evening, Princess Langwidere. How are you doing on this beautiful evening and could we come in?" Ozma had greeted Langwidere in a polite tone of voice as this was met with the young princess nodding her head while motioning her hands for the group to come in.

"Of course, I won't decline anything that you might need and to answer your question, I'm doing quite well. Just been intending on royal duties and ensuring that the Kingdom of Ev is safe" Langwidere had answered back as she had seen Ozma entering the palace alongside Scarecrow, Tin Woodman, Lion, and a Tiger as everyone sat down on the table.

"Wonderful but before we start the meeting, could you free Dorothy? I could sense her presence in this palace and she could very well be of a great use for us as well" Ozma had spoken to Langwidere once more as this revelation surprised Scarecrow and the others since it has been quite some time since they've seen Dorothy.

"W-Wait!? Dorothy is here?! How is that possible? I thought she went back home when we met Glinda?" Scarecrow had spoken out in confusion while Tin Woodman nodded his head in agreement as he was confused as well.

"I'm on the same page as you, This could also mean that Dorothy somehow had made her way back here" Tin Woodman had chimed into the conversation as this made Langwidere rather curious as she raised an eyebrow.

"Dorothy? Do you people happen to know her? I've imprisoned her cause she refused to give up her head but I can free her if you want" Langwidere had suggested to Ozma and the others in a casual tone of voice as this shocked everyone but Ozma in the room due to her rather absurd nature.

"H-Her head?! Now why would you want her head?! That's quite absurd indeed!" The Tiger who also went by Hungry Tiger had spoken out in surprise while Lion nodded his head in agreement.

"I agree! As King of the Beasts, I simply won't allow you to go for Dorothy's head, I simply won't!" Lion had spoken out while Ozma's expression remained serious as she motioned her hands for Lion and Hungry Tiger to quiet down.

"I see, You know that Dorothy has done no harm to you, right? I've met her before and she's a very kind and compassionate person so please don't ask for her head again, okay? And please free her as well" Ozma had responded back to the question in a rather stern tone of voice as Langwidere silently nodded her head in understandment before getting up from her chair.

"I understand, I won't pursue Dorothy's head any longer but if I see she's a threat then I shall take her head and add it to my collection, deal?" Langwidere had spoken back to Ozma while the young Oz ruler nodded her head in agreement as she had seen Langwidere leaving the living room to free Dorothy.