Chapter 39: (The Giant with a Hammer)

(The Giant with a Hammer)

*October 22nd, 1905*

*Land of Ev*

The next morning had arrived as Dorothy and her friends has waken up from their slumbers as the ate freshen themselves up, washed their clothes, ate breakfast, and they was finally able to depart from the palace.

"I wish everyone but the very best on the journey, the Nome King is quite formidable but I have a feeling that everyone is gonna pull it off" Langwidere had spoken out while waving her hand as she saw Dorothy and the others getting into their transportation while Lion and Tiger were harnessed to the golden chariot.

First rode Ozma, with Dorothy beside her in the golden chariot and holding Billina fast in her arms. Then came the Scarecrow on the Sawhorse, with the Tin Woodman and Tiktok marching side by side just behind him.

"Next, stop, Nome King's palace!!" Ozma had commanded to the chariot as the object had finally begun to move as it went towards the valley.

"Goodbye Langwidere!! We'll come back with the royal family in hand! I'll give you my word!" Dorothy had shouted out in hopes of Langwidere hearing her word as she sat back down on the chariot with eyes filled with wonder and anticipation on how could they save the Ev family.

"Friend, did you get a good night's rest last night? You've seemed to have been tossing and turning throughout the night? Is it perhaps you are fearful of the Nome King?" Ozma had asked her friend in a tone of concern while Dorothy had shaken her head in denial as she began to explain the situation to her.

"It's not the Nome King but I've been struggling to get proper sleep for the past five years, It's likely due to my insomnia and it's where I have trouble or lack of sleep which means I usually have trouble concentrating doing things but I'm fine so don't worry about me" Dorothy had explained to Ozma as this made the girl look back with concern as she began to speak once more.

"I see, It must have been your previous adventure in Oz, right? You was pretty young at the time so having to fend off Kalidahs, accidentally killing two Wicked Witches and seeing Scarecrow and Tin Woodman nearly get killed must had done quite a number on your wellbeing but if you need someone to talk to than I'm here for you.." Ozma had spoken back while letting out a warm smile which made Dorothy smile back as she looked over at the beautiful valley.

"I guess you are right but thanks for the offer, I'll take that into consideration but, how exactly do you know about my previous adventures in Oz? I don't remember telling you all of that?" Dorothy had asked Ozma once more as the young princess giggled for a bit before pointing at Scarecrow.

"You see, Scarecrow would visit me from time to time and he was the one to tell me all about your adventure in Oz and it was pretty sweet hearing how much you've changed their lives" Ozma had answered back as this made Dorothy smile quite warmly before speaking to her friend once more.

"I see, well, I'm glad to have made a positive influence on their lives and it makes me more motivated to free the Ev family from the Nome King.." Dorothy had spoken out while Ozma nodded her head in agreement as she spoke out once more.

"I wholeheartedly agree with you." Ozma simply spoke out to her friend as both girls shared a warm smile together as the chariot which was holding them continued to make its way towards their destination.

The road led for a time through a pretty farm country, and then past a picnic grove that was very inviting. But the procession continued to steadily advance until Billina began to cry out.

"Stop! Stop!" Billina cried out as this forced Ozma to halt the entire moving process which nearly led to Scarecrow and Sawhorse to crash into the chariot while Tin Woodman was confused by this chain of events.