Chapter 62: (Home Again at Last)

(Home Again at Last)

*Author's Note: This chapter marks the end of the fourth story arc and thank you to everyone who's read this wonderful story*

*January 22nd, 1906*

*Emerald Palace*

Dorothy and Ozma returned to the Emerald City as their friends awaited their presence.

"Hey guys! How did the visit go? I hope it went well for the both of you girls." Scarecrow asked his two friends while walking toward them with a smile as Ozma began to respond.

"It went pretty well. I have plenty to tell regarding Dorothy's marking on her forehead so please make sure to listen carefully" Ozma responded while walking towards the fountain and taking a seat alongside Dorothy while Scarecrow and the others followed them.

"Oh yeah, you and Dorothy were gonna visit the Good Witch of the North. I remember Dorothy telling me about her back in Kansas so I'm interested to hear the news" Betsy spoke out to Ozma while sitting on the grass while Zeb sat next to her as he stretched his arms.

"I sure hope it's good news. I don't know what I'm gonna do if my cousin ends up being in danger or other such things" Zeb spoke out while Oscar nodded in agreement as he sat down.

"I'm sure it's good. That kiss that Locasta had given Dorothy surely must be good but we shall see what Ozma has to say" Oscar spoke to Zeb with confidence in his voice as he looked over to see Dorothy taking a seat next to Ozma.

"So, the Good Witch of the North told us that the mark on Dorothy's forehead could lead her to get marvelous powers; however, since Dorothy had a human heart unlike the people of Oz, she is certain to fall into wickedness if she's not careful but just know that Dorothy is stronger than anything so she'll prove her worth.." Ozma explained to her friends while everyone was surprised at what they just heard regarding Dorothy's situation.

"I see, so Dorothy could have the power to save the Land of Oz and her world once the time is right, correct? I've read that a kiss from the Good Witches does give someone a protection charm of sorts but considering that Dorothy is from Earth then there's a chance that she might fall into temptation?" Scarecrow spoke out while placing his fingers on his straw chin as he thought about everything while Ozma nodded in agreement.

"Correct, although Oz is a part of Earth but rather disconnected meaning that nobody can't travel here which is why the Deadly Desert exists" Ozma spoke back while Scarecrow and the others nodded in an understanding way.

"I get it now, so as long as Dorothy remains in Oz then there's a chance that she won't become wicked like Mombi and the Wicked Witches of the East and West, correct?" Tin Woodman spoke out to Ozma but this was met with the young princess shaking her head in denial.

"Not exactly. Dorothy could still be tempted even if she's in the Land of Oz or anywhere for that matter. It's just a matter of Dorothy giving into those temptations or not but in short, we must remember that Dorothy is a kind and a very loving girl and we all know that she'll conquer anything that opposes her!" Ozma spoke back in a serious tone before ending it with a warm smile which made Tin Woodman and the others smile as well.

"Ozma is right. I won't allow myself to be tempted by any bad people that might wanna take advantage of me. I intend to use whatever power that's growing inside me for good! That's a promise as well!" Dorothy spoke out to her friends with a confident smile while everyone else smiled back but suddenly, a familiar voice called out to them and it was none other than Glinda.

"Why if it isn't Dorothy Gale of Kansas? I'd figured I would visit you before you depart back home and you've grown so big as well" Glinda spoke out in a motherly voice as this caught everyone's attention as Dorothy and her friends looked over to see Glinda and Kiki who surprised everyone.