Chapter 42: (Nome King's Victories)

(Nome King's Victories)

*October 22nd, 1905*

*Nome Kingdom*

Dorothy had seen Scarecrow walking inside of the room which brought forth a great deal of fear in her as she knew that if her friend was to fail then he'll forever be an ornament; however, she wasn't gonna give up.

"I hope Scarecrow is successful in his mission.." Dorothy had spoken out as she sat down on one of the chairs while Lion nodded his head in agreement.

"I'm with you, Scarecrow has shown many times that he's smart and able to get out of situations using his head so I do have faith that he will succeed" Lion had spoken out in agreement as the pair could do nothing but hope for Scarecrow's success.

*Ornament Room*

Scarecrow was walking around the beautiful ornament room as he was tasked in not saving the Ev Family but also Ozma and Tin Woodman as this made him think about the ordeal.

"Okay, I have eleven guesses and I need to use them wisely if I want to save my friends but which ornaments are my friends and the Ev family.." Scarecrow had spoken out to himself while walking across the ornament room before stumbling upon a shoe ornament made in china style which prompted him to touch it.

"Ev!" Scarecrow uttered out in hopes of the ornament turning into what he hoped to be his friends or the family; however, nothing happened thus leaving Scarecrow's chances to ten which surprised him.

"This is gonna be harder than I think but I must take my time or else all is lost.." Scarecrow had thought to himself as he was filled with the determination to save everyone as he continued to walk across the ornament room while Nome King watched everything with a smile on his face.

"He ha he ho ha ho!! That fool will never discover the secret to winning this game! Not even his brains could decode it! It's all just too swell!" Nome King had spat out in a tone of joy and laughter as he continued to watch everything unfolding and to his further surprise, everything fell into place as he saw Scarecrow guessing wrong as he was finally down to one last chance.

"Think! Think! What ornaments are Ozma, Tin Woodman, and the Ev Family! Think! Think!" Scarecrow had spoken out in a tone of annoyance as it seemed that pressure was growing on him which caused him to knock on his strawhead in hopes of jogging his brain.

"There has to be some hint somewhere in this room or maybe what Nome King said.." Scarecrow had thought to himself while continuing to think rather hard about the situation until he finally touched an ornament on what he believed to be correct.

"Ev!" Scarecrow had spoken out in hopes of succeeding in his mission but sadly nothing happened meaning that Scarecrow had failed his mission; however, Scarecrow in his final moments had finally realized the key into guessing the ornaments right.

"Wait! I got it but It's too late for me to do something about it! Purple, Green, and Gold! These are the colors in freeing everyone but it must be a certain ornament! Dorothy! Please figure this out..." Scarecrow had thought to himself in that split second as he was now a small ornament where he shall remain for the time being.

*Nome Hallway*

Dorothy sat with Lion, Hungry Tiger, Billina, and Tik-Tok as everyone waited for Scarecrow.

"Ooh man! It's been quite some time since we've seen Scarecrow! What if he failed!" Hungry Tiger had spoken out in a tone of worry as this prompted Dorothy to quickly get up to defend her friend.