Chapter 50: (The Wizard's Return)

(The Wizard's Return)

*January 15th, 1906*

*Land of Mangaboos*

Everyone stood in shock at the news that they've just received as Zeb nervously laughed to himself while Dorothy remained fearless but still surprised nonetheless.

"I see, well, let's see the sorcerer so we could prove our innocence and I'm sure that he's willing to understand our situation" Dorothy had spoken out to the man with the star as she looked up to see the strange being staring down at her before he began to speak.

"We shall see but let's not waste anymore time with mindless chatter, let's head forth to Gwig, the sorcerer and there, he shall judge you!" The man with the star had spoken back to Dorothy as he began to walk towards the destination as Jim began to follow him while carrying Dorothy, Zeb, and Betsy in the carriage.

"Friend, I don't trust these people, they're not so friendly and we're being treated as criminals! It's maddening" Betsy had whispered to Dorothy in a tone of annoyance while she nodded her head in agreement as she began to speak.

"I agree, but we just have to follow their orders for the time being but don't worry, we'll prove our innocence and find a way to get out of here" Dorothy had whispered back in a tone of reassurance as Betsy smiled as she slowly crawled over to see the beautiful glass palace which she found to be wonderful.

"Wow, this place is quite beautiful. I wish I could take photos of it but I forgot my camera back at home.." Betsy had spoken out once more in a tone of awestruck as she felt herself getting closer towards the glass palace.

The doorway of the glass palace was quite big enough for the horse and buggy to enter, so Zeb drove straight through it and the children found themselves in a lofty hall that was very beautiful.

The people at once followed and formed a circle around the sides of the spacious room, leaving the horse and buggy and the man with the star to occupy the center of the hall.

"W-Whoa, this place is surely mysterious like how there can be an entire civilization of people within the center of the Earth?!" Zeb had spoken out in awestruck while he looked over to see the man with the star standing in the center of the hall.

"Gwig, we summon you at once, please show yourself at once!" The man with the star had cried out in a loud voice as he awaited for the arrival of Gwig.

Instantly a cloud of smoke appeared and rolled over the floor; then it slowly spread and ascended into the dome, disclosing a strange personage seated upon a glass throne just before Jim's nose. He was formed just as were the other inhabitants of this land and his clothing only differed from theirs in being bright yellow. But he had no hair at all, and all over his bald head and face and upon the backs of his hands grew sharp thorns like those found on the branches of rose-bushes. There was even a thorn upon the tip of his nose and he looked so funny that Dorothy laughed when she saw him which caught Gwig's attention.

"Laughing, aren't we?! What's so funny!" Gwig had spat out towards Dorothy in a rather aggressive tone of voice as the palace grew silent for a few seconds while Zeb was scared out of his mind while Betsy remained calm but still was fearful.

"M-My apologies, I couldn't help it for I'm only thirteen years old but I will ensure that this will never happen again..." Dorothy had answered back while bowing politely much to the relief of Zeb, Betsy, and the two animals.

"I see, now, next question! Why have you DARED to show your ugly face into the beautiful Land of the Mangaboos!!" Gwig had spat out once more while looking over at Dorothy; however, Betsy quickly answered for her.