Chapter 56: (Braided Man of Pyrmaid Mountain)

(Braided Man of Pyramid Mountain)

*January 15th, 1906*

*Pyramid Mountain*

The Braided Man stared at Dorothy and her friends with a smile as he began to answer Dorothy's question.

"Well, I've come from Kansas, and I had my factory just about halfway up this mountain for many years,s" The Braided Man responded with a smile; this shocked Dorothy and the others as the young girl began to speak.

"K-Kansas?! I'm from Kansas as well! I'm Dorothy Gale, and it's a pleasure to meet you," Dorothy responded in a rather surprised voice as she saw the Braided Man pointing at the door behind him with a smile.

"Gale? That surname sounds familiar? Do you happen to be related to Henry Gale? I was good friends with him during my youthful days," The Braided Man asked Dorothy in a rather excited tone of voice; this shocked Dorothy as she quickly nodded in confirmation.

"Henry Gale? Yes, he's my uncle but not by blood since I was adopted as a baby, and I've taken his last name but both Uncle Henry and Aunt Em take good care of me," Dorothy answered back with a smile on her face as this made Braided Man feeling delighted.

"I see; well, I'm glad my friend is doing great these days, and please follow me to the shop! I have plenty to tell you and your friends," The Braided Man responded while motioning his hand towards the shop as he proceeded to walk towards the shop, followed by Dorothy and the gang doing the same thing.

"I did recall Uncle Henry telling me about the disappearance of his friend when I was little, but I never thought I'd see him in this strange place," Zeb had thought to himself as he and the others finally made their way toward the shop which the Braided Man was currently standing at.

The shop was filled with many books, antiques, and other such things, with the shop being illuminated with many candles, which Dorothy found beautiful.

"What a marvelous shop! If we had the money, then I'll buy something from here, but we're out of money now," Dorothy had spoken out in wonder as she walked around the place while Betsy nodded in agreement.

"I agree; there are so many books filled with knowledge! It's no wonder your uncle's friend has spent so much time here instead of coming back home, "Betsy responded to Dorothy's compliment, looking over to see Braided Man walking towards his supplies.

"This box here contains twelve dozen rustles, enough to last any lady a year or two, so are you interested in buying? It's on me," The Braided Man offered Dorothy while showing her the box which contained the supplies; however, Dorothy declined the offer by shaking her head in denial.

"No, thank you, my dress isn't silk, so I must decline your offer," Dorothy responded while observing the shop and seeing Braided Man placing the box of rustles on the floor as he eventually walked over to Dorothy and the others.

"Braided Man, how did you end up here? I'm sure the story behind your appearance here could be fascinating for us to hear," Oscar asked Braided Man while sitting on the floor alongside Dorothy, Betsy, and Zeb.

"He's right; we would love to know about your background and why you came here, and everything else in between," Betsy spoke out to Braided Man as well, as everyone was eager to hear his story, which made him smile.

"I'm glad to hear the responses, but I was once a young man in Kansas working in a great cheese factory that imported Swiss cheese across America. I've also made doughnuts and other such marvelous things during my time working in the factory," Braided Man explained to his listeners in a rather engaged tone of voice as he saw Dorothy raising her hand so she could speak, which was acknowledged by him as he pointed at her so she could speak.