Chapter 38: (Ozma's Plan)

(Ozma's Plan)

*October 21st, 1905*

*Land of Ev*

Dorothy and Ozma continued to smile at each other while Ozma looked towards the window and noticed that it was getting quite dark.

"It's getting awfully late, maybe we should return back to Emerald City, Dorothy, would you like to come with us?" Ozma had spoken out to her friend as this was met with Dorothy nodding her head rather enthusiastically as she wanted to hang out with her friends once more.

"Of course, I know for a fact that we can save the royal family if we all can band together" Dorothy had responded back in a cheerful tone of voice as this was heard by Langwidere who had another idea in mind.

"You guys don't have to go through the trouble of getting back to the Emerald City and I was thinking of allowing everyone to spend the night here and there's plenty of space for everyone" Langwidere had suggested to the girls while Ozma was rather pleased to hear this as she smiled back at Princess Langwidere.

"That would be wonderful and thank you so much for the offer. We can also continue discussing ways to reach Nome King's kingdom as well" Ozma had spoken back while bowing to show respect which prompted Dorothy to do the same thing as Langwidere began to speak once more.

"That would be great and I'll call upon my maid to get everyone's beds ready while I'll change into a new head" Langwidere had spoken out to the girls as she walked over towards the door to take care of her duties as this left Dorothy and her friends alone.

"So, how do we get to the Nome King's kingdom? It's underground so it would be quite challenging since we don't have the tools to reach it" Dorothy had asked her friend in a tone of curiosity while Hungry Tiger nodded his head in agreement.

"She's right, It's gonna be quite the task to even dig a hole into the ground and even if we do, you guys would all starve like me!" Hungry Tiger had chimed into the conversation as this made Ozma think about their plan for a moment before she quickly came up with an idea.

"We'll have to head towards the edge of this kingdom, that's where the entrance to Nome King's kingdom is at and It's only gonna take us a few days but we should be able to arrive in time" Ozma had responded back as Dorothy and the others nodded their heads in understandment while Scarecrow began to speak up in regards to their plan.

"W-What?! If we're truly going to the edge of Ev than that means we must face off against the Iron Giant?! The guardian of the Nome Kingdom!" Scarecrow had spoken out in a cautious tone of voice as this brought curiosity to Dorothy as she began to speak.

"Iron Giant? Is he some type of mechanical man like Tik-Tok? If so, we could ask him nicely or something like that" Dorothy had asked Scarecrow as her answer was met with Scarecrow shaking his head indicating that it wasn't possible to negotiate.

"He is, he was created by Smith and Tinker for the Nome King and it's sole duty is to protect his king, no matter the person. He's truly a terrible beast that we should avoid at ALL costs.." Scarecrow had answered back in a very cautious tone of voice while Tin Woodman nodded his head in agreement.

"He's right, perhaps there should be another way to reach Nome King's kingdom without the need to go to the edge of Ev.." Tin Woodman had spoken out as well while Lion and Hungry Tiger nodded their heads in agreement as well; however, Dorothy didn't seemed fazed by this.

"I see, well, I guess we'll just have to either talk to him or defend ourselves if it comes down to it and we have Ozma as well! I'm sure she's powerful enough, right?" Dorothy had spoken out to her friends as everyone nodded their heads in agreement.