106: THE SECOND PRINCE

Meanwhile, as Cordelia walked her way towards the grounds where their carriages were waiting, the ladies suddenly let out a squeal, making her look in front and saw Liam approaching her.

His face was devoid of emotions, just like what he looked like before. Yet she didn't mind since she was already accustomed to how he would look. Maybe because that's what she kept on seeing whenever she saw him.

Aside from last night where he was capable of showing such an expression on his face whenever he's with Lady Felicia.
Their friendship sure is very close.

"Young Master..." Cordelia greeted, bowing her head but Liam shook his head and gave her the bouquet of flowers, and red roses and then raised his arm to accompany her to which she formed a blush and wrapped her hand on his arm.

"Thank you..." Cordelia responded, smiling as Liam then accompanied her towards the carriage that had the insignia of his family. He's taking her for a ride?

She blushed once more, while others were jealous of her position. Who wouldn't be jealous of her if she's being courted by the one and only young Marquis Liam? That's like reaching a milestone already.

As she sat in the carriage, Liam followed soon after, before closing the carriage door. The silence was loud yet her heart was beating even more louder than it seemed, her cheeks flushed as she held the bouquet of roses in her hands.

"Oh... I suddenly saw Lady Felicia earlier, showing up at the Empress' tea party. She looks so beautiful in person, no?" Cordelia spoke, making Liam's attention look at her with a surprise expression covering the neutral look on her face.

Yet the emotion didn't stay any longer as it disappeared from his face, going back to his neutral expression. However, he couldn't help but think as to why was Felicia there, together with the Empress.

"I asked her to be my friend and she gladly accepted. I'm so glad that I am a friend of the princess. I even invited her to my tea party." She added, smiling as she decided to talk more about Felicia.

While she was talking about her, Liam's heart continued to pound, obviously showing interest in how Cordelia was talking about Felicia, the woman of his dreams. Yet he knew how bad it is to be loving another woman instead of his fiancee.

But what can he do? His stupid heart has set that woman already inside him, unable to remove her image from his head.

Meanwhile, Felicia stayed for a moment and started to stroll the garden where it has different variances of flowers being cultivated. She didn't know where she was but she followed her feet, wandering alone as the knights had left her already.

As she was walking, she spotted a flower that reminded her of something that she couldn't even remember. They were big and yellow and were facing the sun. Their large petals almost look like she could shade under them.

It was cute, so she decided to pick one however it was too heavy for her. Even so, she decided to pull it even harder, wanting to grab the flower and bring it home.

However, as soon as she managed to pull the flower, she suddenly lost her balance, making her about to fall on the ground when a pair of strong callous hands wrapped around her waist, pulling her back to standing up straight.

She thought that she had fallen but when she turned around to face the person who saved her, she met the eyes of another member of the royal family.

The bastard child of the Emperor.

"What are you doing here in my castle?" He asked, cold and full of authority. He stared at her like she was some sort of a pest made her step back, nervous because the second prince wasn't happy at all receiving a guest.