51: THE SNEAKER

"You sure hate her a lot, Master." Olivia chuckled. "But she deserves it anyway. Would you like to dine here or dine with them?" She asked, immediately changing the course of their conversation before Felicia could scowl at her, knowing that she hated that woman's gut.

"With them, I'm curious if she will cause a problem for me or not.  Because if she is, then I won't stop her at all. In fact, I will fight her off since I'm bored." Felicia replied while checking herself in the mirror.

Goddess, this woman in front of her is really beautiful. She's slowly regaining some meat in her body, slowly looking plump and very meaty. Unlike the way before that, even a bread stick has more meat than her.

"Can you at least for once try to not think of trying to do anything, Master?" Olivia asked and sighed, shaking her head lightly while showing Felicia her displeasure of her wanting to fight Helena once again.

"You just fought her earlier so please calm your mind and be at ease and peace." She reminded her. It would do her no good if she were to trigger Helena. She's concerned that they might once again side with Helena and bully her during today's dinner.

"Don't worry. As I said, I will only fight her if she decides to face me head-on. If she started it, then she better face my cruelty. But if she doesn't, then she's free from my wrath and she can do whatever she wants. Unless she wants to trigger me once again." Rachelle answered her, reassuring Olivia of her actions for tonight's dinner.

Before Olivia could reply to express he gratitude over Rachelle's decision of not fighting anyone for tonight, a sudden knock made them look over the door, not expecting anyone to call them.

The door then slowly opened, revealing Alexander who was looking at her with such delight in his eyes yet his expression remained stoic and firm. Well, that was rude, barging inside a lady's room without even asking for her permission.

"Dinner's ready." He informed her that they were about to have their dinner already. "You could've just asked a servant to deliver me those words instead." She answered, sounding displeased with his actions.

"I was just informed so I thought I could tell you so I did. Shall we go now?" He asked, clearly impatient but at the same time, a faint blush appeared on his cheeks while sounding so annoyed at her.

Bewildered by his mixed emotions, Rachelle just agreed and didn't argue more, accepting his hand that he extended for her, like how a gentleman would do when accompanying a woman.

He was acting ever so gently since then after that one faithful day when she decided to play the three of them, ending up with Alexander knowing how ludicrous Helena was towards the Crown Prince.

"Please enjoy your dinner," Olivia stated as she bowed her head at the two and closed the room after following Felicia afterwards. They were walking up ahead of her while she remained at their back, silently observing Alexander and her master's conversation.

"I heard that your father granted your wish or learn how to use a sword." Alexander suddenly said as they walked their way towards the dining room on the second floor of their castle.

"From whom did you hear that?" She asked, looking at Alexander with a frown. She thought that this conversation was for the two of them only, why was Alexander able to know the content of their talk?

"Because he told me or preferably in the right term, ask me if there's anyone I know that could teach someone how to use a sword. I asked who would learn some techniques and he said that you need a teacher." He answered honestly, didn't bother to hide it.

"I see... So you know a lot of swords masters here that you can recommend? Preferably someone who wouldn't try and mock me for asking to be taught how to use a sword." She asked once again, curious if he had any acquaintances he knew.

"I knew a lot okay. Including Liam who's very good not only in academics but also in his cavalry as a knight. But other than him, yes I know plenty that will be able to help you." He answered her.

"Lovely, then I will wait for the great news." She complimented.

"But why do you need to learn how to use a sword? You clearly handled it very well..." He suddenly said which made Felicia gasp and look at him. Her heart started to beat at a fast rate, panic rushing in her blood while her head was now in turmoil.

What the hell?!

"What?" She gasped, trying to act normal. Could it be that the person whom she felt last time who was staring at her was him all along? The one that she heard falling on the ground before escaping her grasp?

"What? What? Oh! I meant you're already a skilled woman. You don't need a sword to help yourself. With your words alone, you can already imprison a lot of hearts." Even Alexis panicked suddenly, creating an immediate response to answer her.

"What? Now I don't understand you." Rachelle told him, her eyebrows meeting with each other. Earlier she became cold like ice but now, her heart has returned to a normal phase and has no longer felt scared at all.

But she still feels very anxious over the fact that he seems to know something and just refuses to elaborate it further, giving her a lousy lie that she could immediately tell without anyone pointing it out to her.

"Forget what I had said to you and just shut up." He immediately shut her curiosity down as he pushed the big door with his other hand, leading them inside the dining room.

She was about to ask more about what he said but he already pulled her towards the table, pulled a chair and gently pushed him to sit down. After he cared for her, he then went to his stand and sat in silence

He was clearly avoiding the topic. Therefore it must have been true that he's the one who saw her kill the man. But why would he still act so motivated and positive when he was the first one who was able to figure out that the real culprit of the dead assassin was her?

Why didn't he report her and just end up staying silent about what he saw? Of course, she's not dumb to figure out given the fact that he just blurted it out all of a sudden, out of context and even acted weird right now.

She was just eyeing him, wanting more confirmation from him that he was the one who almost sneaked inside and saw the murder taking place in the emerald room where she resides inside.

While Alexander avoided his gaze, trying not to look at Rachelle who demanded more apology and questions building inside her. Oh how unlucky he was to be able to blurt it out when he took an oath that he would never tell anyone about it.

"Is something wrong, Felicia?" The Duke asked, looking at Felicia who remained standing and looking at his brother with dead eyes ready to pounce on him and kill him on the spot but he didn't.

"No, I'm sorry Your Grace. I was lost for a moment." She said, waving her hand and immediately sat down on her seat. She was looking so absent-minded just by looking at him, striking fear in Alexander's system hoping that he would tell her what happened back then.

"I see. Well then, take a seat so that we can start eating by now." He commanded, making Rachelle immediately follow his order and sat down across Alexander who still refused to look her in the eyes.

With his suspicious acting, then it's true that he was the one who was able to figure out the evil inside her. The only thing that she was thankful about was that Alexander never was able to take a look at the sword that he stole from the holy church. Good thing he didn't see how the ring transformed into a sword that she has to use and the reason why she's learning it.

"You two are both weird. Why do you look so worried, Felicia? And you, Alexander, why do you look so tense and very careful? You normally won't do this in front of us or your friends." The Duke couldn't help but feel surprised with their lack of interaction in today's dinner.

Usually, it would have been filled with bickering and mocking with each other, but now... It feels very empty for her at all, like she didn't feel her birthday at all.

"No... Nothing happened, Your Grace." Rachelle answered calmly, eating her food silently while Alexander agreed with her words by nodding his head and eating his food silently.

Which is odd because they would usually bicker and mock each other. But now, they're dead silent.