52: A DEVIOUS PLAN

"So uhh, Father... Where's Helena?" Alexander asked, avoiding the topic as Felicia stared at him too much despite them eating in peace.

"She said she'll eat in her room. Leave that child alone, she's adjusting." The Duke replied as he ate in silence, observing the two who were unlikely to bicker right in front of him.

"I see. After all, her mother disappointed us." Alexander muttered and kept himself fed, avoiding Felicia for his own good. "I heard that you invited a friend over, Felicia. A commoner..." The Duke suddenly opened towards Felicia who blinked her eyes in surprise.

Since when was he invested in her life? Wow, is this a game-changing method?

"Ah, she's an excellent designer so I thought I could put her up with some more work regarding my dresses and asked for men's wear during my training period," Felicia answered, making the two frown at her words.

"Men's wear? You're going to wear a men's wear?" The Duke asked, his eyebrow raised in surprise upon hearing her absurd remark. This made them question her sexuality which made them more in distress.

"What? Do you expect me to wear a dress while fighting off with my trainer or perhaps stab someone with a dress on? That's quite something else." She commented, couldn't help but throw some shade at them, being sassy.

"Ask your knights how it would feel like fighting an enemy wearing a dress." Rachelle even added, stopping herself from rolling her eyes. She felt like whenever she was with them, she would always end up losing some of her brain cells.

"But... No woman has ever worn a men's wear. You're the first woman suggesting to wear a men's wear. Although I'm not against it, on the contrary, it sounded a little bit offending and very weird." Alexander commented, showing his feelings over her opinion.

"His right, Felicia. Are you really sure about your choices? It's not that late to back off from what you wished for and you could ask for something else instead." The Duke offered, feeling tense.

Felicia has changed all over the years but where did she get her ideas all of a sudden? She couldn't get that just by reading only. It must have been something that urged her with these brazen yet very unearthly suggestions and activities.

"I am and I do not intend on backing off," Rachelle said firmly in order for them to understand that she was not backing down this easily. Especially that a lot of things had already happened.

"Other than that, I might as well ask for your permission once again." She said, putting down her cutlery and looking at the Duke with her face brimming with genuine interest in their topic.

"I'd like to go out and explore the capital as well as visit the commoner whom I tasked to create my garments." She said and didn't give them additional details. What would they need it? They don't even care.

"Bring some knights with you. Our situation is currently dangerous therefore bring some knights for them to protect you." The Duke stated, allowing Felicia to go out since there's nothing wrong with her request.

"What? But Father, wouldn't that be more alarming if she's with strangers? I shall take some time off my work and be with her instead." Alexander budged in, volunteering to guide Felicia to the capital while Rachelle groaned and cussed in silence, keeping a straight facade in front of them.

"Do you not trust our men, Alexander, for you to doubt their capabilities?" Rachelle asked. Of course, she's not against Alexander joining her but that would disrupt her plan and it's even more weirder right now.

He's trying to get close with her, which makes her feel uncomfortable knowing that throughout Felicia's time, he didn't even feel a bit sorry with his actions. Did he even apologize?