63: UNFORTUNATE ACCIDENT

The night was not getting anymore younger. The cold air lulls everyone to sleep yet seems like not everyone is having a good night's sleep.

"Is everyone prepared?" The Baroness asked as they packed their suitcases. Their debt kept on rising like a never-ending curse. If it's not because of that naive brat then they would've ended up being thrown in jail.

"Yes, dear... I'm ready." The Baron called, bringing his two suitcases in his hand. These pesky debt collectors kept on telling them to pay knowing they don't even hold a cent in their name.

"I'm so proud of you honey for doing this to us. We can finally escape from this hell!" The Baron praised his wife, smiling at him as if she was the pride of his life. The Baroness rolled her eyes, if it was not for him being a worthless excuse of a husband then they wouldn't have experienced this.

His gambling addiction has been passed down to their first son, who resulted in this chaos and is currently in jail! That man destroyed the family therefore why should they care if he's rotting in that horrible place?

"Just shut up. Where's Lowell?" She asked as they quietly led themselves toward the gate of their humble estate. They adorned themselves with dark-coloured clothes, and a hat to hide their faces and put on a lot of stuff so that they wouldn't be able to get noticed.

"I'm here, Mom," Lowell answered, huffing as he felt choked because of the layers of clothes that he had to put in him just so people or the roaming knights wouldn't be able to sustain them and restrict them.

"Very good. Let's leave now immediately, before anyone would notice that we're already gone." Hildegard commanded, leading them towards the exit to finally run away from this shitty hole.

Freedom is what they all wanted, away from the debts and the nobles who kept on pressuring them. She had enough of this life, she's already on the verge of giving up. If not for that woman who naively trusted her, this wouldn't be possible.

A malicious smirk spread across her lips as they walked silently to where the carriage was waiting for them. She had already planned for this to happen for days now. All she has to do is to pay for the chauffeur who will take them to the port.

"It's quiet." The Baron whispered as they continued to walk through a dark alleyway. Just passing this alley, they will be able to escape from the curse and restart a life with new different identities.

"Of course dumbass, it's nighttime. Everyone is sleeping." The Baroness hushed him, glaring at him as they continued to walk. The Baron just grunted, rolled his eyes and continued to follow his wife suddenly, unable to hide his disdain for her.

"Mother, are you sure that this is the right way for us to escape?" Lowell couldn't help but ask. He's been acting weird since earlier. Ever since he came home with his shoulders shrinking down, he's been doubting their plan.

"Why? Do you want to stay here? You are free to stay." Hildegard said, turning her head towards Lowell's direction, staring at her coldly. And what? She'll just waste her efforts?

"You can stay if you want. Just don't think that you'll be able to save yourself from the debts that your father and your brother created. Because if I were you, I wouldn't do anything stupid that would trap me for a lifetime." She added, shooting him a death glare before she continued to walk as if nothing happened.

Nothing is right or wrong here. What matters the most is for her to escape this hell that everyone created. She just wanted to become a noble, thus she befriended that woman.

But even the Duchess wasn't able to help her in becoming a noble. So what she did is just to climb at someone else's husband, but it was a damn trap that made her live this kind of life.