99: THE PRINCE FROM THE NORTH

"Ahh... Alistair." The Emperor muttered, facing the pale-white tall man approaching the Emperor and the Empress with a smirk on his face. "I greet the Sun of the Empire." He added, greeting only the Emperor as he disregarded the Empress, flushed in embarrassment as she was openly ignored by the man who refused to elaborate his head even more, raising it and daring to look into his eyes.

"Where's... Your mother?" The Emperor asked, trying to hold himself. The Empress had her claws dug into the skin of her palms, disrespected and bullied, and betrayed by the Emperor as he didn't even let the man greet her.

"Ah, my mother. My mother is doing fine, still ruling the country in a much better phase despite the blizzard." With thorns in his words, he criticized the emperor right in his face, causing a lot of gasp at how rude this man could be.

"Unlike Elysium, our northern tundra has been doing well, all thanks to my Mother whose leadership is efficient and effective. How about you, uncle? It's surprising how the country became... flimsy." There were no filters being presented in his words, directly attacking the Emperor.

"But that must be because of the services I got from the palace servants. Dear me, I am not here to wreck such a precious event. I came here as it is my duty. I hope tonight will become favourable to you, my King." He added, grinning as he took another bow with his hand extended and the other placed on his chest then left the Emperor in front of people who witnessed how they all fell in shame.

It was a known fact that the first princess, the Matriarch of the North Imperium was the most perfect candidate for the throne. The Princess was brilliant in any way, however, due to favouritism heavily implied by the late Emperor, it was he who had become the Emperor.

If only the Matriarch was raised as a man.

Silence filled the whole room, yet their mouths started to gossip, mocking the man who had just left and made a fool of the royal family, eating them.

Meanwhile, Felicia was still gaping in amusement, surprised, and pleased with how the man handled the Emperor. His rude persona wasn't really a facade, but rather his whole being.

However, Felicia hopes that he will forget what happened. She was still in awe and felt like whoever that person was, must be a strong opponent of the Emperor. To think he would sauté the highest man of all Elysium, cooking him till crisp.

"Who are you staring to?" Constantine asked, pulling her by the waist as he forced her to stick with her, growling at the men staring at her while keeping her beside him. These bastards think they have the chance to have her. How ridiculous of a thought that is.

"Mind your own business, your Highness." She responded, didn't even turn her head to face him as she kept on looking at the bewildered Emperor next to the Empress who ate all the shame.

She has no personal thing with the Emperor and the Empress, but because of that Alistair, she wants to laugh at their face. Who in their right mind would just flaunt how arrogant they are?

Are people from the north feisty? Is that how they stood the cold ending of winter? She really needs to know why there is such a conflict between the royal family and the people from the North.

Who knows, she maybe can use them.

Constantine glared at her for her nonchalant answer, wanting to argue with her if not for the Emperor who suddenly cleared his tone, garnering everyone's attention on him.

"As I was saying... Thank you everyone for blessing the night with your presence. My son, Constantine and his lady, Felicia Vivienne, will the both of you kneel in front of me?" The Emperor announced in such a dull tone, turning his back against everyone to hide the growling expression as he was unable to keep it within himself.