40: ASSASSINATION (2)

She immediately ducked, avoiding the incoming attack from the assassin. She rolled over from the side, enough for her to escape the blade from plunging deep into her skin.

Seeing how fast her reflexes were, the assassin didn't stop attacking her. He once again raised his sword, ready to thrust it inside her body. Even though the assassin was heavily covered from head to toe, Rachelle could still see how he was smiling at her, like a blood-crazed demon ready to devour her.

She once again turned her body to the other side, rolling on the floor while the assassin's sword thrust hard on the floor, making his weapon stuck. She smirked, seeing this as an opportunity, she launched an attack, extending her leg to kick the man, making him lose his balance.

The assassin ended up stumbling on the floor after a hard hit on his stomach, didn't expect that she would fight back besides looking so damn frail. Meanwhile, Rachelle was able to get back on her feet, ready to launch another attack at the man.

"You fucking bitch!" He shouted, lunged at her with open arms and ready to tackle her to the ground but Rachelle was fast enough to dodge his open arms and instead, dropped down, swept the man's feet using her leg in a fast move, making him fall on the floor once again.

The loud thud echoed across the room while she started to breathe heavily. She had forgotten that this lady is damn weak and frail! She was already tired after a couple of attacks towards the assailant.

The assassin grew even more resentful towards her, lashing out as he once again ran towards her direction, trying to lay his hand on her by punching her but Rachelle avoided the attack swiftly by pivoting her body at a fast pace, launching her leg at his back to make a joke of him, falling once again on the floor.

Her attack wasn't that powerful but because of the man charging at her like a madman, she was able to bully him by making him dive on the ground multiple times. She couldn't help but mock the man who grumbled as his body hit the solid ground, groaning in pain.

She couldn't find the time to pull out the sword from her finger and eventually forgot about it after seeing the knife not so far away from her position.

Rachelle turned her back and decided to pull the knife that had sank on the floor. She tried to pull it to gain the upper hand but unfortunately, the man was able to wrap his arm around her neck, choking her while his other hand wrapped around her waist, trying to stop her from resisting.

It took her by surprise as she tried to retaliate with the man's action, wriggling and trying to forcefully pull his arm around her neck but it was hard.

Suddenly, as she was trying to resist the man, an idea popped into her head.

She used her feet to block the man's calf, she then immediately pushed herself to walk backwards, making the man once again fall on the ground while her body rested on top of him, still tied because of his arm.

Yet the strength applied on her neck has been long gone, that's when she stood up immediately, releasing the ring from her finger to finally unleash the sword that she took from the cathedral.

As the ring unwrapped itself from her finger, a light appeared surrounding it, blinding their eyes as it fully transformed into a sword by the time the light vanished, revealing the sword on her hand.

The man who was blinded by the light couldn't react fast, unlike Rachelle who stomped her foot on his chest, making him cough hard. As his eyes adjusted from the blinding light, it was already too late for him to react.

Holding the sword with the edge pointed straight into his neck, she thrust the sword at a swift pace, however, it didn't work as the assassin used both of his hands to stop Rachelle's strength as she tried to plunge it deep and kill him.