98: TO CLAIM

As she reached the bottom floor, the clacking of her heels echoed in the enormous room, silence filled the ballroom as everyone stared at her, in disbelief yet amaze at how the rumored lady was actually beautiful!

Who said that the first Lady of the house of Del Montague is born as a monster? Because of that rumor, they had lost their chance to ask her hand in marriage! If only that rumor didn't exist.

"Thank you, kind gentleman." Felicia thanks the Herald who escorted her down the stairs, smiling at him sweetly that earned a lot of envy coming from most of the men in the crowd.

At that point, everyone wanted her.

Amidst all of the ballgowns that were big and glorious, her dress appeared humble, hugging her curves and even letting them know that there were no such thing as corset existing in her body.

Which means, her curves are natural.

Soon men began to flock as the floor earned a lot of gossip and murmurs, their eyes focused on Felicia who are now stucked in front of men trying to ask her hand for a dance, making everyone deal with jealous.

Some women, specially those who believed that conservatism should be maintained, looked at her with eyes wanting to throw wine at her. Some were amused, applauding her bravery for wearing something new, sparking a lot of interest mostly from the young noblewomen.

"My Lady! I am Gaston Demlin Eustaf from County Eustaf—"

"My Lady, I am Wilbert Sahilim from Baron—"

"My Lady, I am—"

She was getting annoyed with these men, trying to ask her for a dance. Yet she kept her smile, trying to push her way out of these men pushing themselves to her. Goodness lord, her popularity for the first time in front of all the nobles is soaring high.

She was about to decline then when all of a sudden, a loud overbearing voice suddenly erupted from the whole room, followed by Constantine walking towards her with his eyes glaring at everyone.

"WHO DARES TO INTERRUPT MY FIANCÉ?! I WILL HAVE YOU ALL REMINDED THAT SHE'S MINE!" He claimed, making everyone suddenly went quiet at his exclaimed. It's as if he did not just the Saintess whom he escorted earlier.

Didn't that mean that their relationship has failed? Didn't that mean that they still have the chance to ask for Felicia's hand?

Everyone was frowning but those who were hopeless romantic and addicted to romance novels squealed at how the Crown Prince openly claimed his fiancé, making their excitement and standard increased.

However, it was different from what Felicia felt like. She wanted to puke or laugh in his face and remind him that he escorted her half sister. How could he be so smart and dumb at the same time?

As soon as men disperse through the crowd, Constantine bent his body, reached for her hand and kissed the back of her hand, staring at Felicia who kept her demeanor calm and collected.

She really wants to puke directly at his face.

"Greetings, Your Highness." She returned his greeting by bending her body and bowed her head, keeping her face straight in front of this thick faced scum who only thinks about himself.

"You look... Exquisite, Felicia. As expected of my future wife." He said as he clasped his arm around her waist, making her jolt in surprise and disgust yet kept her facade calm. Goodness gracious, please don't allow her to suddenly punch this man's face.

As Constantine led her to his new friends, her eyes spotted Alexander walking towards her, followed by Liam behind who kept his eyes on her, while secretly glaring at the arm wrapped around her waist.