CHAPTER 10: DINNER IS SERVE

It was already dinner time and everyone was called for dinner. That makes no exception for Felicia. It's her first time joining them for dinner. Back when she was still a pushover mute, she was only given bread and water to feed herself.

What a way to feed the Duchess' legitimate daughter.

They were peacefully eating and served a luxurious and incredible feast prepared by the staff from the kitchen. Everything was making Felicia's mouth water as she stared at the food in front of her.

She had never experienced such a lavish feast before her eyes. Because of these people who made her life turn into a living hell, she suffered harshly.

"Seems like you do not like the food, Felicia. As expected of you." Alexander said as he was slicing up the meat on his plate. Felicia looks at Alexander, dead in the eyes and smiled later on. It seems that he wanted war.

"It's not that I do not like the food. Rather I'm impressed to have a meal like these after years of eating rotten bread and water to quench my hunger." She said straightly, didn't mind the Duke's twitching face.

Alexander on the other hand stopped and glared at Felicia for answering him. It made the Duke displease because of her and she will further ruin his mood if she keeps this up. The Duchess then looked at Felicia who was smiling at them as she began to eat quietly like a meek feeble creature.

"Now, now. Darling, why didn't you tell me that Felicia is residing in the emerald green room? I could've prepared her a room instead of you, doing it." The Duchess, Tyren said while smiling at the Duke who was eating peacefully.

"And what? Suffer once more? You'll place me in an uncleaned room filled with filth and away from the luxury? No, thank you. The Duke had already given it to me, so Duchess Tyren, you can't do anything, especially if it's interfering with his decision." Felicia said, looking at her meal while eating elegantly.

"What are you saying? How could I do that? Are you accusing me of being a terrible mother—"

"For once, I never accepted you, nor want to call you my mother. Second, as much as I want to trust you, after all the years of suffering from the annexe, you believe me to believe in you? That's something that I wouldn't do, Duchess Tyren. Third? I am not accusing you as a terrible mother. It's based on experience, Your Grace." Felicia cut her off before she could even declare whimsical words.

Duchess Tyren glared at Felicia. What a sharp tongue she has for answering her! She was gripping her utensils hard as she watch Felicia acting calm while eating her dinner.

"Oh, dear... She's telling me that I'm only a concubine..." Tyren said as she wiped her eyes as if she was shedding tears. Alexander slammed the table, making everyone stop eating.

Helena flinched because of what Alexander did, she looked scared yet indignant about the situation. Meanwhile, Felicia never faltered, she was just continuing to eat instead of facing them.

"For once can you be respectful to the grand Duchess, Felicia?! Your insolent behaviour is immensely upsetting to everyone! Show some manners!" Alexander yelled at Felicia.

"ENOUGH!" The grand Duke meddled in, glaring at these people fighting in front of their food. "If you want to fight, do it outside! My appetite is losing because all of you want to bark at each other!" He added. His tone was angry, roaring at everyone causing them to stop their mayhem.

"It was Felicia who started this, Daddy! Is it because she couldn't accept me as her sister? She bullied me earlier... She poked fun at me in front of the young marquis! I am ashamed, Daddy!" Helena answered, standing up from her seat as she strongly complained about what happened earlier.