CHAPTER 14: THE NOCTUA'S WORDS

"I don't think so. Because if the Goddess was crying, Noctua would appear. We serve as a guide for Saintesses therefore I don't think that the Goddess cried." Noctua said to Felicia who was taken aback by its answer.

"So you are like some sort of spirit animal?" Felicia asked, trying to forget its words because it's making his head throb. It's too much to handle! She could feel every vein in her brain throbbing from processing too much information about the relationship between this bird and the Saintess.

"Yes. Don't you think you should know this? Noctua's figures are everywhere, especially in the church." The bird said and if she could guess, the expression of the bird was looking at her with its brows furrowed, looking grumpy and annoyed.

"No... But if it's doves, there are doves kept as a symbol of peace everywhere. But you? I don't think so. Even the statues of the Goddess here in the duchy have only doves beside her. Are you really sure that you aren't some kind of a scam?" She asked once again.

"What? Noctua has always been the guardian of the Goddess sent by the Goddess herself!" The bird said as it flapped its wings angrily. Now this sounds alarming to Felicia. There are a lot of things that really didn't make sense and the novel didn't talk about either of these.

After all, it was only about how Felicia tortured the poor woman, Helena and made her look stupid. It's not making sense now for Felicia who had read the whole book without skipping any information.

Except for those treacherous moments between Helena and the Crown Prince. What a pair of hungry hippos, trying to eat each other's mouth. Such cringe cannot be explained by Felicia.

"..." The bird went silent as it flopped its body on the bed, resting or thinking about something. Even Felicia had to sit on her own bed and rethink those times when she had read the novel.

But there is no such thing that tells the readers about this new animal that she had helped, not even with the thought of it becoming a holy spirit sent by the Goddess. Everything was all about how Helena and the Crown Prince tried to push Felicia to her doom.

"Shit..." Felicia muttered when she felt a slight pang on her head, hurting her head. Was it because she forced herself to remember the novel? But why is the novel's content slowly disappearing from her mind?

Is it because she's too busy trying to stay alive that she has forgotten about the contents of the novel?

"Something is really weird. I feel like there's something that I need to discover, especially if it concerns me being the Saintess even though I wasn't born with an ounce of holy powers." Felicia said as she lay down, staring at the top of her bed.

Nothing was coming up inside her pea brain.

"You just need to rest. You used too much of her power that it's depleting you." Noctua said as she observed the woman who was still staring above her, wondering about something.

"If you were the guardian... Then why would they replace you with a dove?" She asked, trying to find an answer while skimming the novel through her head even though it was hurting a lot.

"I don't know. It's been like a hundred years since Noctua has been called." Noctua said as he looked at Felicia who was slowly feeling drowsy. She was yawning, keeping herself awake yet the feeling of exhaustion was too hard for her to resist.

"Sleep. You need it." Noctua said, covering Felicia's eyes using its wing to help Felicia sleep. This made Felicia even more sleepy, finally closed her eyes as her breath became even and stable.

Noctua who noticed that she was already sleeping, stood up from laying on the bed as it flapped its wings and started to fly into the darkest corner of Felicia's room and it was on the top of her dresser. Everyone should not see the Noctua, except for the Saintess.
-
Felicia was in the church, praying in front of the Goddess very seriously. She was kneeling in front of the Goddess with her eyes closed together and hands clasped together. She was muttering something that even she couldn't understand.