45: CONSEQUENCES (2)

"What happened to your cheek?" Alexander asked as he pushed the door wide open to go inside her room. The emerald room stays the same but everything changes. The warm atmosphere gradually changed into just an ordinary room after his mother disappeared.

Is it just him but the room also changed its temperature?

"What do you mean?" She asked as Felicia unconsciously touched the stinging part of her face where it was damaged but not severely.

"Oh, this? I got this from a scissor. I was cutting my hair and unexpectedly, I accidentally hit my cheek." She lied smoothly like a race car driver.

"That's stupid. Who on earth would cut their own hair when they can just call someone to do it for them?" Alexander said and scoffed at her, looking at her while with a small teasing grin on his lips.

"I was bored. I can't do anything in here." She just murmured. What's with this guy insulting her? But it wasn't that strong anyway, he was just teasing her. She's not that mad at all. Is she?

"You should really eat more than what you eat today. You're very light, I can't even tell the difference between you and a feather. Even my pet is heavier than you." Alexander said as he gently laid her body on her bed, gentle as he could ever be.

"Is that a mock? You know that I'm like this because of everyone, right? Including you?" She answered him, brimming with annoyance because of how he compared her to his pet or something. It felt like an insult towards her and she didn't like it.

"I'm not insulting you. Do you always rub salt on everything I say?" He asked, flabbergasted by her claim while feeling down and sad. When he heard those words, it felt like thousands of pins punctured his heart at the same time.

"Yes. If it's very insulting." She answered honestly. "You can go now, thank you for your help. It meant a lot." She added coldly, wanting for him to go out of her room and drop the act of being a sweet sister to her.

"Hey, I'm sorry for what I said to you. Really didn't mean it... I'm sorry." He said sincerely. His hand then crawled into her skin, caressing her cheek while looking at her with a saddened expression, guilty as charged.

Yet Rachelle remained stoic and composed. The apology he gave is not enough to cover all of the tricks inside their bones. Her grudge is far deeper than the depth of his apology.

"You know, you really can't undo things you've done but anyways, thanks." She responded very informally. She's also tired of being formal, it's as if it's not her real character to be formal at all.

Alexander went speechless. What she said is true and he would be shameless if he forced her things that were uncomfortable to her. Perhaps, she'll find a way for her to forgive him and he will continue to express how much guilty he was for putting her in that rough situation.

She came from a country that is filled with anger-headed people who would always shout whenever there was a tiny problem they encountered. It's been adapted by her system but has partially forgotten about her own accent and language from that world.

'Wait... I'm also forgetting a lot about that world. It's as if all of my memories there are being wiped.' She thought to herself, sighing. She could've written it in a journal but did she write such a thing? Probably not.

"Right..." He muttered, sighing as he turned his back. But suddenly, he was momentarily disturbed by an awful smell coming from the room. The stench was so disgusting that he couldn't help but barf about the weird smell across the whole room.

"What's the matter?" Felicia asked, looking at him with certain worry in her eyes. He tried to smell it once again, trying to figure out where the smell was coming from but he couldn't comprehend where it was since the odor already spread across the room.