4: DOUBLE THE TROUBLE

Felicia slapped the man across his face, making him face utter silence. It was so hard that the emerald room was enveloped with the sound of smacking his face. Felicia who felt very satisfied because of what she did displayed a smirk across her face.

"The disrespect that you showed me today will be remembered. That slap was a reflection of your unbelievable action. I do hope that you repent for the sin that you committed." She said calmly while the butler was still shocked at what she did.

"Now, I didn't call you for this. In fact, I called you to inform the maids that I need at least one person to serve me and of course for you to call all the seamstresses in Elysium. As you can see, I'm not at my very best and it would ruin the reputation of the Duke." She said.

The butler was fuming mad, he was kneeling on the ground as she slapped him hard in his cheek. His cheek went numb as her handprint was visible. He could feel the humiliation and embarrassment that happened to him. However, there are rumours that the Duke will begin to favour her as he gave her this room.

Swallowing his pride and his anger, he looks at the young woman in front of him, glaring at her but couldn't speak up. "Yes, young lady." He said as he was about to stand but Felicia who was a menace, put her hand on his shoulder, forcing him to kneel once more.

"I didn't give you permission to stand though?" She asked with a sly smile plastered on her face. As the butler looks at Felicia's eyes, he suddenly shudders at how her stares were defying his will to protect his pride and ego.

"I-I'm sorry, Young lady." The butler answered as his voice started to shake. Her aura was cold yet powerful, enough to make the butler listen to her command. Felicia was looking at the butler intently with her green eyes.

This man himself alongside the regent Duchess was bullying Felicia, feeding her malicious thoughts and even manipulating her behind. The reason why Felicia became obsessive and tried to do all sorts of things towards Helena was due to their vicious mouths that they were able to brainwash Felicia who was too naive.

"Alright. You don't have to announce it anyways. Do tell Olivia that she needs to serve me." She said as she retracted her arms away from holding his shoulder. She then smiled as the butler stood up and frantically went outside of her room, fuming madly.

"That butler, I'm sure he'll tell the Duchess about this news. Who knows, that would make the Duchess bedridden. Ah, how lucky if I were to see Helena's expression right now." Felicia muttered to herself as she stood up from where she was sitting.

She then moved her body towards the bed, touching the soft fabrics that covered the whole mattress, the soft pillows that would guarantee her to have a nice sleep, and the wide bed that was solely for her.

She sat on her bed as she waited for the maid that she decided to take care of her. Olivia, was it? She was the one that urged Felicia to bully Helena and even tried to steal stuff from Felicia while blaming Helena, the reason why Felicia always picks a fight with her.

Another rude person came in, who didn't even bother to knock on the door. She came inside the room with her black hair tied neatly and her brown eyes staring at Felicia with hostility. Felicia wanted to slap this rude person but she'd rather keep her hands to herself first before doing another set of slaps.

"What do you need?" She asked as if she didn't want this responsibility to fall into her. As rude as it may sound, all of Felicia's nerves started to throb in irritation but Felicia was stopping herself. It's not the time to strike.

"Prepare for my bath." She said as she tried to smile it off. But the maid in front of her was so stubborn that she only left her with a small bowl of clean water. She didn't even prepare a luxurious bath for Felicia. Who would want to serve a lady who's shunned by everyone?

"Anything else?" She asked rudely as she rolled her eyes towards Felicia. Felicia who couldn't tolerate this rudeness anymore stood up, enough for her to level with the woman in front of her.

"Of course." She said as she grabbed the small bowl full of water and immediately dumped it in her head with a crook smile appearing on her lips. "What should I do now? I do not have enough clean water to dip myself in. It seems that you threw yourself in luxury water that you should feel glad towards me." Felicia answered.

Olivia the maid gasped at what she did. The water was already cold and she didn't expect that Felicia would throw the water directly at her. "W-What do you think you're doing Young lady?!" She yelled as she wrapped her arms around her body.

Olivia was glaring towards Felicia whose emotions didn't appear in her face. She was staring blankly towards Olivia who felt the sudden chills creeping down her spine. She wasn't showing anything aside from her green eyes just staring at her, like a doll in the corner.

"So you still didn't get it despite my action?" Felicia asked, making Olivia confused. What the hell is she talking about?

"I ask you to prepare a bath for me. But instead, you gave me a small bowl of cold water to bathe myself. Are you still in your delusions that I can't fight with lowly maids like you? Remember that I can sell you to slave traders in exchange for silvers." Felicia said in her cold voice.

The maid gasped at her situation as she immediately kneeled in front of Felicia. Her change of attitude was already scaring her and those threats... Clearly, it's not just empty threats that she said. She could pull that if she wants to.

"I'm so sorry Young Miss! Please forgive me!" She begged for her life. She doesn't want to be traded for a couple of silvers in exchange for her life. She's earning more than two gold here, she can't lose this job.

Felicia's eyes looked down at her. Olivia was kneeling on her feet, trying to woo her with her pleading tears that rolled down from her brown eyes. She could've sworn that her eyes were stern and cold as she watched the maid begging for her life.

'This is not the end to torment you.' Felicia thought and sighed.

"Alright. Better remember your faith if you want to indulge yourself thinking that my authority is useless. How'd that work if I wasn't able to lay my hands on this grandiose room? You better think again if you want to act superior against me." Felicia said towards the shaking maid.

"Now go and prepare my bath. And do tell Helena that I need some of her dresses, she wouldn't mind letting her old big sister borrow her dress right?" She said as a sly smile appeared on her lips.

The maid who witnessed how her personality changed from being a pushover to becoming a feared lady immediately nodded her head as she bowed her body and rushed outside to do the things that Felicia had ordered her to do.

Now that Olivia is gone, sure thing that it won't be the end of all the dramas that Felicia has to face. But how old is Felicia now? Because in the novel, it started when Felicia was 15 and Helena was also 14 years of age.

Looking at herself, she seems like she had passed the age of debuting to society. Is she perhaps around 18 now? Oh, how awful that Felicia will not be able to hold her own debutant's ball. But wouldn't it be nice if she could also attend one? For example, Helena's upcoming debut.

"First Young Lady, your bath is prepared," Olivia announced. As Felicia's eyes looked at her, she was gasping and out of breath with dresses in her hand. It seems that Helena really lends her clothes to Felicia, but even though just by a glance of it, it's all crappy.

"I see. You managed to ask Helena. Good job." Felicia said as she jumped out from her bed and immediately headed to the door connecting to her exclusive bathroom.

As she opened the door, she gasped at how the room was embedded with a peculiar taste that it screams how expensive it is to take a bath there. Her smile grew into a grin as she touched the marble bathtub for her only.

This is only the beginning of her revenge, everything will be changed once and for all. As long as she's alive, Felicia is determined to unmask Helena, seeking revenge for how pitiful they treated Felicia in the original, just for them to be happy.

"Karma is a bitch, and it seems that I, who's the bitch in here is sent to destroy you all." She muttered as she removed all of her clothes and stepped inside the bathtub with a smile so malicious.

"The karma that I'm talking about is me."