70: TO THE RESCUE

"I haven't done anything wrong, your Highness," Felicia answered firmly, trying to take her hand away from the man that she hated. Seeing how she rejected him, only made him even more frustrated with the way she was acting right now.

"Oh really? Could you at least behave while in the presence of the Goddess? Seriously, Felicia, you're making this hard on yourself. You could've just behaved well despite them attacking you. You are a princess, after all." He whispered, with a lot of contempt in his voice.

Automatically, Rachelle cocked her eyebrow, in disbelief with his words. He's pointing out that she should've stayed calm and allowed them to disrespect her. Has he gone insane?

Her palms curled into fists as she suppressed the feeling of wanting to punch this damn dumbass. To think that this is his way of calling for discipline when he couldn't even discipline himself.

"Rachelle? Why are you silent? Answer me." He demanded, trying to take her attention. Shit, can someone save him just now because she might let these knuckles of hers hit his face.

"Is something wrong?" Someone asked, deliberately approaching the two of them which made Rachelle look towards where the voice came from. Seems like the Goddess heard her prayer and she immediately sent Liam to help her.

"Oh thank the Goddess for sending you here," Rachelle uttered accidentally, letting out her thoughts as she forcefully took back her arm even if it hurt from Constantine's grasp.

She winced in pain as Liam pulled her gently to his side, frowning over Constantine's actions. it's rude for him to pull a lady that hard, it must have left a mark on her skin.

"What seems to be the problem here, your Highness?" Liam asked as he bowed his head, to show respect despite wanting to disrespect him right now. His aura suddenly changed, as if he was threatened because of it.

Constantine flinches, it's the first time seeing Liam acting like this. Like he's mad because of something in which he didn't know what he did. "Liam, this is between us, the lady and I as a couple. You do not have the right to interfere with our talk." Constantine fought, sighing as he put his hands on his waist.

"Come now, Felicia. We're going back to your family." Constantine once again demanded, extending his hand to reach for Rachelle who just stared at him, eyes filled with loathing and hate.

It wasn't the first time that Constantine felt the wind creeping in his every skin, it was not also the first time for Constantine to receive such hate from Felicia. Since the very beginning, she clearly hates him.

"I don't think the Lady wants to be with you, your Highness. Please don't force her to do something else that clearly goes beyond her boundaries." Liam responded, taking Rachelle' 's hand and hiding her behind him.

"It's unbecoming unfit for you to try and force her. You are after all the Crown Prince of this great empire. Have some respect and decency for the Princess. She's not something that you can just command." He added, spewing bullets towards Constantine who turned like a tomato after Liam just insulted him.

He was gritting his teeth, his nose scrunching, while his eyes grew red in anger. Clearly, it was an insult that could've put Liam's life in danger. If it's not for his achievements and his title as a noble then he would've been thrown in jail for insulting a member of the Royal Family.

"Liam... You're overstepping your boundaries. The woman is my fiancee, she is mine." He growled at him, trying to enforce her power over Liam and Liam wasn't fazed at all. He didn't step out and let Rachelle take a step forward.

He stared at her, letting Constantine know that he was not scared of her power. If anything, he should've been the one being careful around him. The Marquis's power is almost the equivalent of the Duke's political and economic power.