29: LIAM AND THE CROWN PRINCE

"How have you been, Lady Felicia? I hope I am not interrupting something." The young Marquis said towards Liam as he kissed her palm, greeting her with courtesy as Felicia did the same by curtsy.

"I was actually about to approach you when my eldest brother stopped me from getting closer to you. But to answer your question, I am fine. How about you, young Marquis?" Felicia asked the same thing with a smile on her face.

"I'm doing well, thanks for asking. If I may ask, you are always free to approach me, I won't mind if I can be with the smartest woman I've ever met in my life." Liam said, winking at him which made Felicia laugh at his jokes.

"You jest! I am not intelligent. But I do have something to ask from you. It's something important." Felicia replied after laughing at his punchline which wasn't effective since it was only a joke after all.

"Ask right away." He said, folding his arms in his chest, with open ears for Felicia's concern. Just when Felicia was about to open her mouth, another hand yanked her out in front of Liam, pulling her closer to someone who made her furrow her brows.

"Bitch, who the fuck-oh. It's the crown prince." Rachelle thought to herself as she smiled at the Crown Prince for his rude behaviour of pulling her harshly. She'd rather hide how she's so annoyed at him right now for doing that to her.

"Your Highness, I greet the second Sun of the Elysium Empire." Marquis Liam said, bowing his head in front of the blue blood of the empire. Meanwhile, Felicia did the same to show respect but the Crown Prince stopped her from doing so.

"You are soon to become the next Empress. You shouldn't if it's just us two." Constantine said as he stopped Rachelle from bowing her head and her curtsy. But wait, soon to become the Empress?

Confusion strikes Felicia's face as she blinks her eyes, demanding an explanation towards Constantine who isn't facing her. He was looking at Liam with eyes intently gazing at the poor man who kept bowing his head.

"So you have no intentions to accept the young Marquis Liam's greeting?" Felicia asked, couldn't keep herself from being sassy. It's his fault for butting in the conversation without even introducing himself.

"Forgive me, I was thinking of something else. Do raise your head, Liam my friend." Constantine replied after he stared long enough at Liam who was still bowing his head. Constantine felt something else as he looked over his fiancee talking with someone else.

Deep inside him, he felt like someone touched and played with his toy and that it was unacceptable for someone to touch his belongings. He stormed out after talking to some priests and nobles, approaching his fiancee who was greatly having fun accompanied by another man.

"How have you been, Your Highness?" Liam asked as he cleared his throat and smiled at Constantine who suddenly wrapped Felicia's arm around his arm, closing their gap to which Rachelle felt very uncomfortable but decided to stay quiet in order not to fool herself.

"I am still in a hectic and busy situation wherein I don't even have time to fool myself. But I am doing good, after all, who wouldn't feel very good during the day of praise?" Constantine replied.

"Couldn't find time, my ass. You fooled with Helena the other day and that's your response? How ironic." Rachelle thought to herself as she shut her mouth, not wanting to speak anything.

"I see. Well then, do you have something for Felicia? You were interrupting her from speaking one of her concerns and I am greatly worried as to why my friend approached me in a hurry." Liam said. What disrespect is the Crown Prince displaying today, not even asking him back if he feels alright?