CHAPTER 16: LESSON LEARNED

THUD!

Olivia had fallen on the ground after Felicia slapped her across her face. Her aura was claiming how dignified her action was despite slapping someone. She was confident with what she did towards the maid who cried because of her action.

"Tell me, are you being like this because you think that I do not deserve any respect? So you think just because I was abandoned and mistreated, you can act high and mighty?" Felicia asked as she kneeled in front of Olivia, and held her chin to make Olivia look at her.

"You're one hell of a funny maid," Felicia whispered in her ear as she leaned closer to the maid, making Olivia flinch at how chill her voice sounded. Felicia noticed that Olivia was trembling, her hands that supported her body curled into fists and she was sure that this woman was glaring at her.

"Remember, that your life may be owned by you, but I still have your contract. I can decide whether to sell you to those wild dogs, abandon you in a desert, assassinate you, and other ways just to remind you that you are stuck in this hell with me." Felicia said, chuckling at her dying state.

"You should be thanking me instead that I'm not at least fed you to the dogs. Because if you crossed the line between me and my patience, I would've done that and watched how dogs tried to rip your skin." She added.

"You wouldn't like that, do you? Let's say that if I were to sell you to those rabid and sickening men, who would save you?" Felicia asked, facing Olivia who was staring at her with fear and contemplation.

"Lady Helena will!" Olivia fought, fiercely looking at Felicia. Her expression shows how determined and confident she is that Helena would save her if ever Felicia sold her to those uncultured men, defying the law.

But her answer only made Felicia laugh hysterically which made her expression falter and change into confusion. Olivia sure wasn't expecting that Felicia would just laugh at her answer when she was so damn serious about it.

"W-what are you laughing for?!" Olivia asked irritatedly as her brows furrowed, snarling at Felicia who was laughing, her hand on Olivia's shoulder while she was laughing hard. This girl is really funny! Fancy her imagining something delirious.

"You really think that Helena will save you? That spoiled, rotten, and childish Helena? Oh my, seems like you're feeding your delusions that Helena will forever let you board into her daydream." Felicia said, wiping her tears as she stood up and went back to her seat on her bed.

"Deary, you simply haven't understood her personality that well. Assumptions and delusions can ruin one's life." Felicia presumed, looking at Olivia with a smug smile across her face.

"You think that if I were to fall into this trap that both of you have set up, she wouldn't blame you? Listen, girly and learn from me." Felicia muttered. She really needs to make this girl open up her wits and realize that Helena isn't the kind bitch that she thinks she is.

"I am still a Duke's daughter, first lady of the Dukedom and born from the Duchess herself. So if I were to fall into this trap, Helena would have been blamed since she used the Duke's name in vain. Who do you think will suffer from this blame?" She asked, putting her finger on her chin as if she was thinking while looking at Olivia.

Olivia started to turn pale, she felt like she lost her voice as it was too dry. She was trembling in fear while looking down. Seeing that her reaction was priceless, Felicia smirked and continued to ruin her mind. After all, maids who disregard their master shall be punished.

"It would be you." She muttered, enough for Olivia to hear her nonchalant voice with her smug expression, having fun torturing her with words.

"Think of this darling, since I blamed that it was Helena, Helena would surely deny but since you're the prime key of this trap, I would tell the Duke that it's you who called me instead while you reply that it was Helena who ordered you. And if that happens, who do you think will the Duke side? Of course, Helena. Since he doesn't show any affection to me, Helena would push the blame on you and that is called cutting the tail. She's using you to sacrifice yourself while she maintains her position." Felicia explained what would happen.