35: THE BEGINNING OF CLASS

"Since Father had promised Felicia an education worthy of being an Empress, he had granted you access to my training for the heirship. Since I forced him to let you join me, you ought to thank me for that." Alexander said while eating breakfast.

It was yet another day after all the ruckus she made. This morning was peaceful and very quiet, except for Helena constantly throwing Felicia a shady look in her eyes, it's more than peaceful here.

"You should be glad for your father instead, Felicia. He let you join Helena and Alexander. Nothing will ever be disgraceful if an Empress doesn't know anything other than etiquette." Duchess Tyren said, aiming her snide remark towards Felicia who was quiet.

The Duke wasn't here as he was told to visit the Emperor for some businesses that Rachelle doesn't give a fuck about it. "I should, when his grace arrives I shall," Felicia said, not minding them at all.

"But has your daughter perfected the arts of etiquette?" She suddenly burst out, looking directly at the Duchess Tyren who didn't expect her to fuel the fire that she had ignited for Felicia to burn instead, the fire was then directed towards Helena who was only quiet on the other side.

Seeing the Duchess speechless, she smirked at her, nodding her head in satisfaction. "As expected." She commented and continued to eat her breakfast with delight. Oh, how fantastic it is to ruin someone's day.

"Alex dear? Aren't you gonna reprimand her? She talked back to me, how disrespectful it is!" Duchess Tyren exclaimed, fanning herself while enraged at Felicia who provoked her.

"Why should I, Mother? It was you who tried to trip her over the water. All she did was to talk back, I don't see anything wrong with talking back." Alexander commented as he didn't bother to look in her direction, focusing on his plate.

"Wow, he's playing the role of a brother perfectly. How wonderful, should I reward him?"  Rachelle thought to herself while stealing a glimpse of Alexander who wasn't trying to speak anymore.

Meanwhile, the Duchess remained enraged, feeling embarrassed as Alexander didn't defend her like the usual thing that he would do. Instead, he protected Felicia.

"Dear... did I do something that could upset you?" The Duchess Tyren asked, holding the table napkin as she shed fake tears in her eyes, wiping them with the table napkin she took.

Alexander then frowned, looking at her with an obviously vexed expression. "None, mother. If you could just close your mouth and focus on our food, that would be much appreciated. Let us observe the right conduct over the table." He even said to her that made the Duchess' face scowl at his cold reply.

Just staring at the Duchess, failing to have Alexander in her hands, makes her laugh loudly but decides not to. She looks like she's about to poop a big boy out given the fact that her expression looks awful.

"I've lost my appetite. I shall go and wait for the teacher." Helena said as she stood up from sitting, making her chair back down. Everyone looked at her for her rude actions but she just left, not bothering for her expressions to ruin the ideal characterization of herself.

"Oh dear... I wonder if someone upset that child. Dear me." The Duchess said who was surprised when Helena suddenly left them at the table. "Well then since I'm done, I shall take my leave. I was invited by the Countess Herman for tea." She added, standing up and leaving the two of them.

"Rude," Rachelle mumbled to herself as she took the pleasure of eating her breakfast in peace. Since the two annoying mosquitoes left the table, she's comfortable eating big.

"It's not my fault that she was the one who opened up the argument. I didn't." She thought to herself as she only focused on eating.

After her meal is done so does her preparation to start studying in order to know more about this world. Although she had started to understand the basic concepts just by being in this family, there is still a lot to understand in this world.