64: INTERROGATED

"MISTRESS! HAVE YOU HEARD THE NEWS—Oh." Someone suddenly barged inside the room, opening it widely with a slam that made both Noctua and Rachelle flinch and glare at the person who just burst the door wide open.

"Olivia!" Rachelle yelled frustratingly. That was so loud early in the morning!

"Forgive me Mistress but I went here as soon as I could after hearing the news but it seems that you already knew. Tsk." She explained, clicking her tongue on the roof of her mouth, disappointed that she wasn't the one delivering the news.

"Sorry, but I am not sorry about it," Noctua replied, letting out a cackle in a bird-like voice, laughing at Olivia who felt miserable for being late. It's annoying how much this bird mocks her.

"Oh, you bird brain. If I ever catch you, I will surely cook you and feed you to everyone." She snarked, growling at him which Noctua just shrugged and continued to annoy her with his bird laugh, making Olivia groan further.

"Stop, you too. I'm sure those couples will point me as the mastermind especially since I was the one who gave them money." Rachelle suddenly said, leaning against the pillows piled behind her, making herself comfortable.

"Then what are we going to do, Mistress? Surely with Helena, she will push you further into this mess just to get her revenge on you." Olivia commented, walking closer towards her Mistress who just calmly laid on her bed.

She's not even looking guilty or affected by the sudden news that involves the death of the person she disgusted the most yesterday.

"Helena is incomparable, Olivia. Besides, it'll be easy to solve problems like this. I just have to deny the allegations. And if he were to push me that it was the case, then I'll just answer that I came because I was invited by the Baroness." She answered, her smile turning into a lopsided grin, confident about it.

"But what if the Baroness talks about it? It was a public space after all. Some might testify that the cash indeed came from you." Olivia argued, biting her fingertips to show how anxious she had become.

"Relax. Olivia." She confronted her, her gaze then turned towards Noctua who was just observing the two of them. "What was the state of the Baroness before you left the seen?" She asked as if she might find an escape from this.

"She looks lost and completely deranged. She had lost her mind after witnessing her child's death." Noctua replied. "Then she wouldn't be able to give her testimony knowing that the death traumatized her, shutting her brain to everyone. All that is left alone is the words of the Baron who's not even in the picture." She concluded.

"The Baron has a lot of history, including his debt acquired from his addiction to gambling. It is enough for the court to declare him as a criminal. Plus the charge of murder, then it  wouldn't be a problem anymore." She added, explaining their current situation.

"But what about the Baroness? If the Baron will get imprisoned—"

"No, he'll never be imprisoned. He'll be subjected to death already after killing a noble person, that is his son. Murder is against the law and is punishable by death so he has already ruined himself. Even if it were to point out that I was the one who gave them the money, then it won't still do anything from the fact that he must face death."

"As for the Baroness, who knows what will happen to her? She'll either be imprisoned alongside other criminals or be banished from this country, stripped of her privileges as a noble, and her assets being taken away by the Empire." She explained the outcome.

Noctua and Olivia just nodded their head, trying to process their outcomes after pulling a stupid act for their greed. But at the same time, it just felt so sad knowing how Rachelle just didn't feel anything about it.