29 | Suffer?

Wanna Credit The Ones Who Helped Me Write This Chapter, Thanks Alot Readers!

For Jirosé: AsnaMahmood
For Liskook: Lalisa_Is_My_Oppa

•••

I ran my fingers through my hair, stealing a glance at my reflection in the bike's rearview mirror, a grin spreading across my face as I tossed my helmet aside

She agreed to meet me—surely a sign of her affection.

As I rang the doorbell, her footsteps drew closer, and the door swung open eagerly. "Hey, I've been wanting to see you for ages."

I greeted her, only to be met with a disheartening response. "I never did," she stated flatly, and my smile faltered.

Why was she treating me like this? "Leave your shoes there and put on the slippers." She instructed, and I complied. But as I slipped into the slippers, she turned to me with a somber expression.

"Kai..." She began, her voice heavy with emotion. "I'm happy now. I'm on the brink of true happiness. But if you bring trouble into my life now, I'll shatter."

I locked eyes with her, halting my movements as I sought answers in her gaze.

"Is it that worthless Mafia King who's bringing you this happiness?" I demanded, my frustration simmering beneath the surface. She nodded, arms crossed defiantly.

A sigh escaped me, frustration mounting. I gripped my head, kneading my temple.

"Why does he always have to interfere? Who is he to take what's rightfully mine?" I queried, feeling the tension building within me. She closed her eyes in response.

"Before you call Taehyung worthless, take a good look at yourself. With that attitude, not even a stray dog would show you affection. Maybe you belong in the jungle, that's where your true home is." She retorted sharply.

My hand clenched into a fist, striking the door with force as it swung shut. With each step toward her, I drew nearer, my voice low and menacing.

"If he's the source of your happiness, then consider me the one who's here to steal it away... Forever." I whispered, a dark chuckle escaping my lips.

Jennie sensed immediately that Kai had stirred up trouble, and she knew it wouldn't be easy to handle.

"What have you done?" She demanded, her expression grave, causing Kai's smile to vanish as he shook his head in disappointment.