18 | My Comfort?

Ascending the staircase with a hurried pace, I paid little heed to the deep cut on my elbow, consumed by an overwhelming desire for peace

Upon opening the rooftop door, I forcefully tossed my bag to the floor. Settling on my knees, I surrendered to the sensation of pain coursing through my veins.

"The pain intensifies when they're standing before you, yet remain unreachable. It hurts, realizing they may not be worth the battles you fought for them, yet you persist in pouring your efforts into an unworthy cause."

All of a sudden, I heard rhythmic sound of the rain drops that fell from the sky. Maybe, nature understands me better than anything.

"I accepted you as my own shelter, but who knew that you'll throw me out like that." I hid my face within my knees, shading away, hiding from this world.

Raindrops etched intricate paths along my face as I whispered, "You walked away, abandoning me to the lonely echoes of your footsteps."

"I begged for you to stay, to comprehend the depth of my need, but you remained indifferent."

My tears refusing to betray my ego that held the topmost position. My inner feelings begged for release, yet my ego stood as a stubborn guardian.

I was fighting a battle... with myself. It was a battle between my heart that begged to embrace the vulnerability inside me and the ego, that refused to show any emotions.

I was drenched in rain, my clothes clinging to me, emotions refusing to come out. Each droplet seemed to carry the weight of emotions.

Each rain-stroked strand of hair fell on my face, I felt like a lonely soul that had no companions to storm around with.

As I closed my eyes, she appeared within the darkness over my eyes.

In the depths of my longing, I yearn for her – for the solace in her embrace, the reassurance in her touch, and the warmth of everything that defines her

Even as I conceal my emotions in her presence, she remains the heaven I seek.

I don't know where you're, but I plead you to come to me. Whether by magic or any other force, I need you.