10 | Family?

I don't know, what can be worse than my life

I don't know, what can be worse than my life. I hate it! Nothing's gonna work like I want to. It's true that I was using Jin to take my anger out on him.

The grudges that I hold for this world are irreversible. I heard my phone ringing as I glanced towards it. Not her!

"Hello?"
"I'm out, busy with some stuff."
"I told you, don't make a fuss out of it."
"Please, can you stop shouting at me?"
"I don't bother to answer you."
"You hate me, don't you?"
"Stop it!"

-×-

As soon as I entered the house, I saw a familiar figure seated on the couch. As my Step Mother felt my presence, they both turned around.

I couldn't believe it when I saw his face – Suho? No, this can't be happening. Why is he here? Suho's unexpected presence left me speechless. And that too with a polite smile towards my mother?

What a dual personality! He waved at me and soon, his smile turned into a psychotic grin. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Jisoo? Where are your manners?" Jisoo's stepmother, Mrs. Kim growled.

"You never taught them to me." Jisoo snapped at her, taking off her shoes. Mrs. Kim stood up at her insult. "How dare you, little brat? You know, I can make your life hell."

Jisoo moved towards both of them, head hung low but still, a grin was visible. "You think you can scare me? Even the Hell won't have anything worse than you, Mrs. Kim."

Mrs. Kim held her chin forcefully, pulling her face upwards. "There's someone to take you away from my life and I can't thank God enough for that."

"Even God won't bless you. When you've always caused trouble for everyone, what do you expect from God? You deserve to live in the Hell..."

*Smack*

A sharp echo filled the atmosphere as soon as Mrs. Kim's hand got connected with Jisoo's cheek. The cruelty towards her daughter didn't just end here, she pushed her on the wall.

"Your tongue seems to have forgotten its place in my presence." Mrs. Kim growled, her words laced with menace.

The daughter's gaze held an unyielding fire as she replied, "Perhaps my tongue longs for a language that doesn't echo your venom, Mother."

Swiftly, Jisoo gave a hard push to her mother and without a glance back, walked towards her room.

The only regret she harbored in that moment was the unfortunate fact of having a mother at all. She opened the gate of her room and with a heavy sigh, pushed herself onto the bed.