23 | Betrayal?

Rosé and Lisa conversed anxiously. "Why haven't they returned yet?" Lisa inquired, glancing at her watch.

"The class begins in 10 minutes, and there's no sign of them." Rosé complained. "Should we go check?" She suggested. "Seems like the only option." Lisa sighed, and they parted ways.

As Rosé traversed the school hallway, an eerie silence prevailed. All students were engaged in their lectures, except the math class, which was delayed by 10 minutes.

A commanding voice called her name, "Rosé, come here." Expecting Jimin, she turned around, but it wasn't him.

Despite confirming with Jimin the previous night, he was nowhere to be found today. Instead, Chanyeol, hands in his pockets, chewing gum, stood before her.

"Why aren't you in class?" He questioned. She brushed it off, replying, "I don't bother telling you." She averted her gaze, looking elsewhere.

He seized her arm, gripping her chin to establish eye contact. "These eyes should be only for me, not anyone else. Understood?" He demanded.

"No," she immediately retorted, pushing him backward. Chanyeol, unfazed by his insult, smirked. "You'll learn who I'm." He murmured, still unbothered.

"I already got my win. 'Cause I got to know your darkest secrets."

"My darkest secrets? They're a threat for you. Even after knowing it, you can't do anything to me."

"You're the Void Whisper, I know that. And your intentions, you're here to kill those Mafia Kings. More specifically, Park Jimin."

The revelation hung in the air, her courage shattered around the floor. Infront of her eyes, he leaned back on the pillar, watching her being terrified.

"Guess what, the one whom you wanted to kill ended up being your Lover. You did succeed regarding your motive – Capture His Heart And Elicit Love Feelings." Showing fake emotional expressions, he wiped a fake tear.

"But sadly, you became entrapped in Love too. Despite resistance, you became a slave to your feelings. And now, you're deeply in love with him."

Her feelings and secrets laid bare as he turned each page, unraveling her like the pages of a book. Shock silenced her; words eluded her.

Every assertion he made echoed with truth. Despite her efforts to deny, the reality remained unaltered.

She had become a captive of her emotions, vanishing her tough exterior for the sake of craving his love.

Against all odds, she found herself entangled in affection for her enemy. The one she once deemed a threat had now transformed into her lifeline.

Chanyeol snapped his fingers, a smug claim of victory on his lips. "Got tangled with the thread of emotions, didn't you?" He taunted.

"Chanyeol, everything you said..." She began, but he interrupted confidently, "Yeah, I know, everything I said was true."

"I won't entangle you in questions. Just tell me, what do you want from me?"

"I just want to get married to you. That's it." Before she could respond, he cut her off again.

"And yeah, before you deny this precious offer, I wanna tell you that I got the proof too." He pulled something from his pocket, placing it before her eyes.

"That's you, isn't it?" She stared at the evidence, her own image, a mix of surprise and concern etched on her face. Chanyeol, enjoying the upper hand, watched her closely.

"What's your move now?" He challenged, a sly grin playing on his lips. Her mind raced, conflicted between resistance and the undeniable truth presented before her.