Chapter 55

🥀

"It's been a long time." suddenly a cold voice came from behind her making her breath hitch in her throat.

She didn't turn around but felt heavy steps coming towards her. Hazel turned anxious and nervous because he was the last person in this castle whom she wanted to meet. Not because she was scared of him or had any grudges against him but her husband, Alexandra had clearly warned her not to have any conversation with him or today will be her last day on this planet.

She felt him approaching her but didn't turn around. His heavy breath fanned against her nape raising the goosebumps all over her body. Hazel gulped audibly and prayed in her mind that Alexander don't see them like this or he went away from here before Alexandra could see them like this. Hazel tried to walk past him but he held her wrist in his big calloused palm making her shudder in fear.

"So now you are ignoring me, sugar?" He said to her making her eyes eyes widen when he called her with that endearment.

Why was he talking to her now? This time she didn't come to meet him. Now she don't need him then why is he coming closer to her? Initiating conversation with her? Were the questions roaming in Hazel's mind. She tried to take her hand away from him but Daxon's hold didn't loose around her wrist. Defeated Hazel turned towards him.

"Please leave my hand Alpha Daxon. My husband will not like it." she said politely to him making him amused.

"Did your husband like when you slept with me? Underneath me screaming and moaning." he said mocking her shamelessly but instead of getting hurt, embarrassed or angry Hazel just smiled under the veil.

"No my husband didn't like it and he gave me the punishment for it which was needed so that I would know my limitations in future." She replied to him in her usual tone making Daxon to frown but he didn't let it show on his face.

"What punishment?" he asked her cautiously in his cold voice because from inside he was impatient to know what Alexander had done to her.

"That shouldn't concern you Alpha. It is between me and my husband." Hazel said playing the ideal wife role which she was before meeting Daxon. So she is back to square one.

"I'm asking you something, sugar?" Daxon asked a angrily and clutched her elbows tightly earning a hiss from her. Daxon's hold immediately loosened on her and concern swirled in his eyes for her.

"I would like to request you Alpha that please don't call me with any endearments because I'm no one to you. You are capable of calling me by my name." Hazel said taking few steps back from him making him clench his jaw hard.

"Don't behave like an ideal wife because we both know that you are not." Daxon said trying to heart her and gain some reaction from her.

"I know I'm not and I'm not acting like one, I just want to be good for my husband." Hazel said clasping her hands which made Daxon to ball his fists. He wanted reaction from her.

When he arranged this engagement and invited people he specially invited Alexander and told him to bring her with him because it's been six months that he met him. He didn't even have any information about her because the man he left in Alexander's castle are all missing. He didn't had any way to reach her and get her information so at last engagement ceremony was the only excuse to meet her.

Since the ceremony has started his black eyes were searching for her glance only but he didn't let it show on his face. Six months ago, he pushed her away from him knowing she betrayed him and acting oblivious but in this six months there was not even a single moment that he didn't think about her and her well being.