Chapter 34

🥀

Seeing Daxon being so much angry that his veins popped out of his temple and neck Hazel turned scared. She felt like he will hurt her in his anger like Alexander does sometimes. So she tried to calm him down and she thought it would be their best idea to rub circles on the back of his palm and divert his attention to her.

And after few minutes of doing it she saw his attention diverted to her and now he was coldly gazing at her. No one said nothing only their breathings could be heard in ghat sparkling room. Relief washed over her when she saw his anger calmed down a little.

She hesitantly raised her grey eyed gaze at him making him look back at her with his black eyes gaze. She could she the pain and hurt he was feeling behind the cold facade of his. Even he was trying to hide his true emotions but she could clearly identify them by only gazing in his eyes and his tensed demeanor.

She clutched his hands in her softly and dragged his big and burly body with her. It was impossible for her to move his big body with has so much strength and power. But he himself let her drag him with her because also wanted to see her neck actions and he also knew she is getting scared of him.

Not wanting to scare her more he let her drag him. Hazel saw a couch placed there in the corner of that room. She walked there with him and made him sit on the couch. She was hesitant that should she sit with him or not. But his next actions and it clear for her. Daxon tugged at her hand softly indicating that he wants her to sit beside him and she did exactly what he wanted.

Storm also needed her just like Daxon because in this sensitive moment where is couldn't hide his true emotions from her and she has seen the pain and hurt in his eyes, he wanted her to comfort him. Even if Daxon will not be ready to take her condolence but Storm was so ready to take everything she is going to give him now and mainly he needed her presence near him.

Hazel sat beside him keeping a little distance from him making Storm a little upset but he was okay that at least she is sitting beside him in this sensitive situation no matter how distance they have in between them. He wanted her to comfort him and tell him that she is with him.

She gazed at him softly making him gaze back at her coldly. She was thinking if he wants to say something to her but he didn't so she decided to break this silence.

"I'm s-sorry for what happened t-to you." Hazel apologized to him feeling so bad about him.

When Daxon heard her apologizing to him. His fists clutched tightly and he controlled himself from yelling at her "That you should be because all of this is done by your husband."

But Daxon didn't said anything making her swallow hard and she continued. "What did you do t-to your rival of y-yours?" she asked him stuttering not knowing how will he react to her words.

Daxon smirked evilly while looking at her making her bewildered of his evil expressions. She didn't felt good by looking at him and wanted to run away because right now he was looking so scary but she collected all the courage in her body and kept sitting there beside him.

"I didn't do anything to him yet." he said to her making her nod her head at him slowly. "But soon." he continued saying the two words making her gulp like he was saying to her.

She felt like her was staring at her soul making her shuffle at her place. Daxon moved his gaze to the jars with the fireflies trapped in them making Hazel to follow his sight.

"Do you know why these fireflies are seven hundred and thirty six?" he asked her without looking at her.

"N-no." Hazel denied not knowing the answer of his question.

"Because seven hundred and thirty six are the number of days I have spent without my mate." he said to her coldly making her stunned.

So that means he is trapping a firefly daily to count the days of being alone and his mate being away from him? Does he love his mate that much?

"Trapping them daily makes me realize from how much pain I'm going through without my mate, every single day." Daxon seethed out a angrily and fists again clutched tightly feeling the rage inside him.

Hazel moved her hand hesitantly and placed on his clutched ones making his head snap at her. "Everything will be a-alright." Hazard said slowly while lowering her gaze on theirs joined hands not missing the spark between them.

Daxon keep peering at her with his black eyes drilling holes in her head if possible. He wanted to tell her that her husband wast the one who did this to him. He was the one to kill his mate and left his alone to live his life without her. He wanted to tell her all the truth but he knew either she will not believe him or will get shocked by the revelation and besides he had done all the planning for her so called husband and he knew his planning will make him feel the same pain that he was feeling from the past seven hundred and thirty six days without his love, his life, his mate and his bride, Celine.

Daxon pushed his thoughts away from his mind and gazed at the grey eyed enchantress still caressing his hand with her soft ones trying to calm him down but little did she knew that her presence alone makes his feel calm and keeps him on track even if he will not admit it out loudly.

"It's almost midnight you can't go back to your castle this late." Daxon suddenly told her more like ordered her making her look back at him with frown on her face.

She completely forgot about returning back to the castle. How can she be so careless like this and what will she do now?

"T-then what will I d-do now? W-What if Alexander get to know I'm n-not present in the c-castle?" Hazel start panicking and her hands started trembling making Daxon to gaze at her amusingly.

Daxon clutched her hands in his big and rough ones and tried to calm her down. "Shhh." he shushed her in a intimidate manner making her to comply his words.

"You have no need to worry no one will tell Alexander anything." he said to her softly like a mother teaching her child.

Hazel slowly nodded at him being so calm like he casted some spell on her. "You can stay here in the castle there are so many rooms for guests." he told her making her again nod her head at him slowly and she closed her eyes feeling relaxed.

He stood up and she also imitate him. Daxon indicated her to come with him through his eyes and she nodded at him taking a last look of the room she followed him exiting the room.

****************************

I would request you all please do not drop spoilers in the comments :)

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤