Chapter 13

🥀

Daxon turned his gaze towards the grey eyed woman and saw her sitting there while her head was lowered at her lap. Storm was very impatient and just wanted to just at her and devour his mate with so much love. Daxon clutched his jaw feeling impatient and hungry for the woman sitting infront of him but he can't scare her if he wants to lead his plan, which can only be succeed when she will trust him blindly and do whatever he asks her to do. He decided to have a conversation with her.

"How are you?" suddenly he asked her in his cold husky voice making Hazel to lift her head at him.

She was confused as why he was talking to her because he has his business with her husband but she didn't wanted to disrespect him so she decided to answer his question.

"I-I'm fine." Hazel said in her low voice again lowering her head and gaze in her lap.

"What did I told you that day, Sugar?" he asked her making her grey eyes widened at his endearment. First she thought he unconsciously called her that but his again calling her with the same nickname stunned her.

But she didn't feel like to question him she raised her head high and met with his gaze making Daxon suddenly feel proud of her. Daxon can saw her grey eyes shining behind the veil but he was somewhere disappointed also that he can't look at her face, at least for now.

"See was it so difficult?" he asked her even he was staring his words playfully but the coldness and mock behind them can't be unnoticed.

Hazel shook her head in a no making him nod at her firmly. He looked at her from head to toe scanning her Hazel felt uncomfortable under his gaze like he was undressing her with his gaze but his next words make her eyes widened.

"You are looking beautiful." he complimented her honestly. Hazel grey eyes were wide in shock. Did he just complimented her? Didn't he knew she is someone else's wife? But somewhere she felt so special and warm that he complimented her with the right words. No one ever had complimented her even Alexander. When Alexander compliments get she feels like he is complimenting the accessories on her more than her.

"Didn't you liked it that I complimented you?" Daxon asked breaking the chain of her thoughts she snapped her eyes at him.

"N-No. I meant to say T-thank you." Hazel stuttered out honestly thanking him for making her feel special.

Daxon understood that he was playing the right game and she was coming in his trap. But a sudden feeling of guilt crept in him. He knew he was feel all this because Storm wants to feel him like this and wants to make him weak. But infront of him he will not become weak and will surely take revenge of his mate's death without any remorse.

He peered at Hazel with his rare black eyes. "Why do you always stutter, Sugar?" he asked her raising his brow at her.

Hazel stilled at her place she don't even know know herself why she stutters while speaking to someone is it because she is afraid of interacting with new people or is she scared of him? But she stutters infront of Alexander also but she is not afraid of her him do she?

"I-I don't know." she muttered slowly not knowing what to answer him.

He gave her a firm nod and then the awkward silence fell between the both of then which could be cut by the knife. Daxon intentionally became quite so she can also interact with him at the first place. He don't want to let her know or get suspicious that he is desperate to talk to her. Feeling the awkward silence Hazel decided to break it.

"D-don't you have your m-mate yet?" Hazel asked hesitantly because as far as she knows everyone has their mate at this age of life. When his ears git penetrated with her words his jaw clenched and his fists clutched tightly making his nails digging in his palms.

Hazel got scared looking the rage on his face. Did she asked something wrong or did she offended her? Will he punish her now? She looked at him with her scared expressions. Daxon understood that she saw his emotions and now being scared of him. Even he can't see her because of the veil still he knows what she is feeling. He didn't wanted to scare her but he can't control himself when someone mentions his mate, Celine.

All the memories starts crashing in his mind reminding him how some mere people snatched his mate from him and even after being so much powerful he couldn't save his mate for being snatched away from him. He looked at Hazel who was scared of him snapping at her. Daxon sadly smiled at her it was not any pretending he was genuinely smiling remembering his mate.

Hazel looked at his confused watching his expressions change so fast. "She's is no more with me." he told her feeling so much pain in his chest.

Hazel felt so bad for asking him the question which made his so sad. She noticed the sad smile on his face and it was first time in their second meet he saw him smiling even it was sad. She felt so angry at herself for asking him such type of question. He lost his mate that's why he looks so lonely and here she is rubbing the reality in his face.

She slowly raised her dainty hand clasped in gloves, from her lap and slowly placed it on his hand which was on the table. As soon as he felt his touch he felt an odd spark coming from her touch. He felt the serene calmness in his demeanour and his all anger vanished away.

Hazel also felt the exactly same like him and wanted to take her hand back immediately but it will look look rude so she let it be there for few moments. Storm purred in joy feeling the touch of his mate and now he became more patient and wanted her beneath him so he can devour her and cherish her with all the love he can give to her.

"I-I'm so sorry." Hazel apologizes sadly feeling bad for him. Daxon heard her dull and low voice and understood she was also feeling pity for him.

"No you don't have to be." he said more coldly not wanting her pity and Hazel also understood that he was misunderstanding her concern as pity by his cold voice.

"I-I don't pity y-you." suddenly she said making Daxon amused at her words he looked at her amusingly hearing her keenly what she wants to say more to him.

"I can u-understand what it feels like when you don't have your l-love beside you." Hazel said stuttering out hesitantly not wanting him to offend him or make him sad again.

"And how do you know that? You have your mate with you." Daxon asked her curiously this time how can she understood his pain when she has his lover beside her always, who stays with her like a shadow.

*****************************

Hey peeps! I'm back sorry to make you wait but now you don't have to wait anymore because I will update a chapter daily of this book from now on so stay tuned.

Vote. Comment. Follow.
& take care🖤