Chapter 44: Become Mine

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language, gruesome death, and mature content.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 44...

'Splatter'

"Argh!" (Assasin, yelled)

'THUD!'

Fresh blood had splattered on Aneria's right cheek as the last assassin let out the last yell of his miserable life.

His body had been horrifically slashed in half enough that the upper half of his body had slid off like a landslide falling to the ground following behind his bottom sliced body to land on top of his head.

It was truly a gruesome scene, anyone would have fallen sick or felt a sort of regret or pity for ending a life like that but not for the very tall muscular furious man who had been stained with red blood over his white man's suit.

The man who stood in front of her was no other than the man she least expected to save her.

'Widen'

Her dark blue eyes widen not at the shock of the disabled dead assassin but for Aiden who had saved her life.

Truth be told there was no way she would have died, she had purposely infused her body with the fire element so if by any chance that assassin tried to attract her the sight of his swords of his touching her he himself would completely melt.

Even distracted she had very good instincts.

As soon as she saw Aiden she used her water element to flow her body bringing her back to her regular temperature controlling her aura and her color eyes from changing.

She needed no help from this man but this man had no idea.

No idea that she wouldn't be killed by that scrawny assassin but of course, on his point of view she could have been killed.

So why?

Why did he save her?

He had the perfect opportunity to let her die at the hands of assassins without troubling to kill her.

He had the opportunity to take over Aspen since she was no longer in the picture.

He could have forced Aspen to join the rebellion and overthrow the king.

He had no reason to keep her alive.

He probably didn't kill her because he wanted to save himself the time and effort for the time being until the very end to kill her but today was just the perfect opportunity.

Why didn't he take it?

Why didn't he let her die?

Was it because of his obsessive desire to possess her till the very end and kill her in the worst way possible after his betrayal?

He loved every bit of a challenge she gave him, he was a man who did not like chasing things that fell down easily at least that was not the case.

That was why she couldn't trust this man, why she couldn't fall in love with him.

It was a disgusting feeling to even remind herself to keep her feelings in check.

It was despicable how manipulative and persuasive this man kept trying to get to her that's why she could not give in.

To him, it would have not been fun if his amusement had been interrupted.

Would it be fun to keep her on this tightrope rather than letting his chess piece fall down so easily?