Chapter 16: Monster's Den

**WARNING: The male lead talks about killing as nothing, but that is how his character is in the novel.

**Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 16...

4 Years later, outside the Aspen border-

'Grack, Grack'

A flying half bird half dragon shapeshifter growled.

'Swish, swish'

Sword slashing.

'Grackkkkk'

Dying shapeshifter.

The shapeshifter was killed in an instance as a very tall and incredibly muscular man stood wearing a black colored captain knight's uniform.

His back was very wide and at first glance, you could see the amount of muscle the man had.

As the man observed the dying shapeshifter he looked at the surroundings.

He was standing in between 40 monster corpses under the red sky.

And across him was a black water river, known as the Corax river.

It was like a no man's land where monsters inhabited the place. The soil was supposed to be brown or yellow but that was not the case for this place instead, it was red. The wind blew hot like a desert and the cut trees that had once been a brown color soon turned black and rotten.

'Ha, it's been four years trapped in this hell father' (Aiden's inner thoughts)

Aiden at 23 years old.

'You had four years to succeed in killing me and always failed. Now it will be my turn to kill you (Aiden's inner thoughts)

Aiden's eyes grew dark as a wicked smile formed on his lips while he removed the monster's scattered blood off his right cheek with his gloved hands then...

"Your Highness a letter has arrived from Martin." (William, yelled)

William at 26 years old.

At the sound of Martin's name, Aiden turned around and walked directly to his green tent filled with a mint but sweet scent.

He arrived at his wooden unpolished desk, took the letter from William, and sat down to read only that line.

'Unfortunately, I can't disclose the information since I myself don't know.' (Martin, said)

"Hazz" (Aiden)

Aiden calmly set the letter on the desk and covered his face with his hand.

"Your Highness, he still hasn't said who the investor is for our four years. Not only that but he keeps refusing to tell us any details. We only know that the investor that sent us all these provisions is the same that made the movement in Aspen." (William, said)

Aiden took his hands off his face and placed them on top of his desk as he glared outside the tent.

His dark silky hair was ruffled up but his purple eyes and long lashes still made that man look effortlessly eye-catching.

"Who could it be? They have to be someone that is powerful enough. Even the Celestial nobles are wondering where all these good quality items are from. Last year they sent us even better swords than the Celestial Kingdom Imperial knight's swords. This got the king really upset." (Aiden, said)

At Aiden's statement, William agreed.

"Correct, we were the only ones that received the limited edition custom-made swords that no one else was accessible to buy." (William, said)