𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑.49

D h r i t i

"The person who was behind this accident is...Red Marvel." I said and I could see the changes in his face so he surely had some connection with him. But what?

"What is your connection with him, Aarush?" I asked him.

"It's my personal matter, Ms. Dhriti Krishna. You better stay out of it." His voice turned stern and rough. It's his personal matter, okay. Fine.

"Okay, fine. I will not intrude on your personal matter, Mr.Malhotra," I said and grabbed my phone to call Chris.
Chris took my phone call after two rings.

"Hey, Chris."

"Yeah, DK." He replied.

"Chris, let that man go," I said.

"Have you lost it? If we let him--"
"Chris, I said let him go..." I cut off him and said.

"But DK..."
"Do what I said, Chris," I said and disconnected the call.

"Why the hell did you let him go?" He gritted at me.

"Because it's your personal matter, right? Then why should I hold him? I decided to surrender him to the police after saying everything to you but now there is no need for that.
Then yeah, one second..." I send a video to Aarush's phone. "I had sent a video to your phone...it's the confession of that driver. If you want you can use it or otherwise you can delete it, it's your choice. I have nothing to do with this
now." I said to him.

"Are you not coming to my office, today?" He asked me.

"No," I said and sat on my chair.

"Why?" He asked.

"It's my personal matter, Mr.Malhotra. You better stay out of that." I said in the same tone he used me.

"I'm sorry Riti." He said.

"Ms. Dhriti Krishna," I said and he slammed his eyes.

"Riti--"
"Can you please go now, Mr.Malhotra? I have to work." I said and shifted my gaze to my computer screen. Without saying anything he went from here. Like really! He didn't even care to console me.

'Dhriti, what the hell you're thinking? Did you forget that you have to stay away from that man? You are not supposed to show your feelings to him?'

But what will be his connection with Red Marvel? If Aarush help him in anything? But if he helps Red Marvel why did he try to kill him? Oh! my mind is fucked up.

I stood up from my place and walked towards Ruhi's cabin.
I opened the door and my eyes widened at the scene in front of me.

"Oh, my holy eyes!" I said and covered my eyes with my hand. Because Arjun was having fun with Ruhi's neck.
I removed my hand from my eyes and popped open one eye and looked at them. Both of their faces are flustered with embarrassment.

"Guys, I agree that you're engaged but this is an office," I said to them.

"Don't you know office romance hits differently?" Aju asked me with a grin. He is really numbnut.

"Aju came out from your fantasy land. Anyway, I will talk to you later. And don't get frustrated...you can complete the thing you were doing." I said to them and turned to go.

"And yeah, do you see this lock of the door? It is fixed for a purpose. So lock your door before doing your unholy things, okay?" I said with an awkward smile and walked out of the cabin after closing the door behind me.

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

A dark room and its walls are fully covered by Dhriti's photographs and portraits.