42 | Love Is In The Air.

Kiaran's POV:

The year was coming to an end, the Christmas party was a success, and even though Kiaran didn't know what she wanted to do for New Year's, she had a few things in mind. Hanji had talked about going on a girl's trip, but traveling would probably be too much, given the weather.

It was a few days after Christmas, and she sat in her room trying to figure out what to do. She had wished Levi a happy birthday, but she never got a response back. Just because they weren't together didn't mean they couldn't be friends. After all, she still cared about him—even if it had to be from a distance.

Laying across her bed with Charlotte, Kiaran scrolled through Pinterest, trying to find ideas for what to do for New Year as everything looked exciting. She could throw another party just for her and her friends, but once again, it would be a bit expensive given the party they just had. All the gift buying was hectic enough, and to get drinks at the last minute would probably be a nightmare.

She sighed, closing her Macbook, thinking of what to do since, well, the new year was approaching.

"Kiaran—?"

She turned to the door to see Eren peek in as he smiled at her, holding up a box of donuts. "Ooo~ sweets, just what I need before the new year," she said.

He entered with a chuckle, hobbling over, and plopped into the bed, greeting her with a quick kiss. "I just thought maybe you would want something sweet," Eren said, opening the box of assorted donuts.

Her eyes scanned the selection before picking out a donut with chocolate and sprinkles. "Something sweet besides you?" Kiaran teased.

He chuckled before leaning in to kiss her again. "Sure, why not—what were you doing?" Eren asked, picking out a strawberry-glazed donut.

Taking a bite out of the dessert, she opened her Macbook again to show him her Pinterest board. "Just trying to figure out what to do for the New Year. Hanji thought about—a girl's trip but. There's too much snow," Kiaran said through chews.

As his teal green eyes scanned the screen, he nodded in approval at some of the ideas as his head found its way into her lap. "Everything looks nice, but—I actually have a plan for us," Eren said, looking up at her.

Looking down at him as her hair brushed across his cheeks, her necklace dangling down to his nose, brushing it gently. "You have a plan?" Kiaran said.

Eren nodded before taking another bite out of his donut. "Yeah! It will just be the two of us," he grinned.

Kiaran smiled at the idea as it would be nice. "So does this mean you are giving into temptation?" she teased, leaning down into him.

He scrunched up his nose before making his voice a tad deeper like the wizards from Harry Potter. "No evil witch— you will not possess me with your sexiness!" Eren laughed, kicking his leg a bit.

Kiaran also laughed back, leaning down before kissing him deeply, her fingers running through his hair, tasting the strawberry glaze off his lips.

Lately, since her talk with Hanji, it seemed easier to be around Eren as they were both just slowly settling into the fact this friendship was blossoming into a relationship. She still hadn't put a label on anything, but it truly felt like they were just made for each other.

Eren was funny, charming, and affectionate. Overall, he would make the perfect boyfriend once she was ready to give in.

"I think you'll like what I have in store," Eren said.

Kiaran smiled. "You think so? Where are we even going?" she asked.

Eren soon sat up straight onto the bed. "That in itself is a surprise. So—no spoilers. But start getting ready maybe around four," he said.