28 | Missing Her.

Eren's POV:

After the long night, upon waking up, Eren felt Kiaran's nose brush across his neck as he looked down to see her still asleep. He looked at her MacBook as it was about 7:25 am as this was the first night he truly had slept through the night.

He yawned a bit, shifting his arm slowly, trying to move it from underneath her head so she wouldn't wake up. Once he had his arm back, he stretched it out, trying to regain the feeling as he was glad she slept peacefully. The hours were up for her stay, which was disappointing, but surely she would come back after getting home and getting herself together.

Brushing his fingers over her lips, he smiled softly at her and soon heard the sound of the door starting to open. Looking up, he saw his parents walk in with Mikasa. He smiled at them as they quietly entered his room, holding takeout boxes from IHOP.

Upon entering, Mikasa, as usual, looked distant and distraught at seeing them both snuggled up in bed. But his mother, on the other hand, was beaming happily as she approached his bedside. She cupped his face, kissing his forehead and smoothing his hair back before her eyes looked down at Kiaran. "Morning dear, she stayed all night?" Carla whispered.

"Yeah, but don't wake her, please, Mom—she's had to put up with me all night," Eren chuckled.

As they all gathered around, Eren looked back to Kiaran as he knew she shouldn't be woken up, but in a way, she had to get going. Feeling her nuzzle deeper into him, he began to gently stroke her hair, causing her to mumble a bit. When that didn't work, he gently blew against her face as the strands of hair brushed away from her. Slowly, she began to wake up looking disturbed but smiled upon seeing him. "Morning Jaeger," Kiaran said.

"Morning— it's time to get ready to leave," Eren said.

Watching her sit up from the bed, she looked flustered upon seeing his parents and Mikasa as she climbed out. "Well, good morning, Mr and Mrs. Jaeger— you too, Mikasa. It's nice to see you both," Kiaran giggled.

"Thank you for staying with Eren all night, Kiaran. That was sweet of you," Carla said.

"Oh, it was nothing, ma'am— I plan on coming back soon, but I should probably get going," Kiaran said, going to gather up her things.

Eren watched as she scrambled to get everything together. She was so cute when she fumbled around as his mother helped her put her things into her tote bag. Seeing her phone light up, he saw that it was Mike, probably to pick her up.

He was disappointed she was leaving, but she would be back eventually. Once she was set and ready to leave, he huffed a bit, annoyed, as she came to his bedside, and he felt her fingers brush under his chin. Looking up to meet her eyes, she kissed the top of his head. Pulling away, she continued caressing his face for a moment before smiling at him. "I'll see you later, okay?" Kiaran said.

Eren nodded as he watched her start to walk out, saying her goodbyes. His eyes stayed glued to the door as her footsteps proceeded down the hall till he couldn't hear them. Once he knew she was gone, he sighed deeply as he was already missing her.

Shifting in his bed, he was soon greeted with the plastic plate of pancakes his mother set in front of him from the IHOP bag. She had brought him plain buttermilk pancakes, sausage links, and poorly scrambled eggs. The food had lost its warmth as they were just about lukewarm now. It didn't look as good, but he knew he would get scolded.

After being fed his breakfast, the same routine went on as usual. At 9 am, his nurse came to pass medication, and his bandages were changed if needed, showered, and so on.

Around 10:30 am, Mikasa took him on a walk around the floor in his wheelchair as she tried to question him about Kiaran, which he wouldn't answer.

Then the afternoon came around, after his parents had left, leaving Mikasa with him. She would only fix her scarf if needed and try talking to him, still explaining how things were in her dorm. He didn't mind listening, but she was still annoying.

When his friends came to visit, today it was Armin as usual and Jean. They went on to explain how classes were and how he had an accident in chemistry while they were doing a project, which made him laugh a bit.

After they left, it was just him in the room with Mikasa as she had an eight-hour pass from his parents. She had her iPad, working on whatever schoolwork she could do as everything was just dull.

As each hour passed. All he could do, of course, was stare at the ceiling, watch the boring shows on the TV, and be taken care of.

All he could think about was Kiaran, her scent, and how adorable she was for doing what she did for him last night. Every little detail about her; how she looked so proud with the food she made him, how emotional she got when they watched The Fault In Our Stars as her smile was one of those that made your heart melt, scrolling through her tik tok for you page as oddly enough she had an interesting page.

Eren sighed deeply as even taking naps wasn't enough for him. "What's wrong, Eren?" Mikasa asked.

Eren turned to her as that was a dumb question to ask as the time was now 3:15 pm. He couldn't help but wonder what Kiaran was up to. "I just miss her—" Eren said flatly.

"She has things to do, Eren— we can't be selfish," Mikasa said coldly.

He furrowed his brows together as if his stitches would pop out. "No shit Mikasa— must you be so hateful of her," Eren said.

"I don't hate her— I just dislike her. Look at what she did," Mikasa said matter-of-factly.

"Mikasa—! Don't blame her for this accident. I was the one who made that decision to go out. Don't disrespect her, understand? I'm not your responsibility, Mikasa, damnit," Eren groaned.

Even though he could feel the anger and heat in her glare, he didn't care. Going back to looking at the ceiling as he needed to relax before he ended up opening his stitches. "Eren— just know that... she is only going to stay out of pity," Mikasa said. "She wouldn't otherwise. You forget what she has with Levi. At least I will stay and help take care of you. These moments won't last."

"SHUT UP MIKASA—!" Eren jolted up from his bed as soon enough, his heart monitor spiked, starting to beep rapidly. The pain hit him all at once as if he probably opened something. He whimpered a bit but gritted down on his teeth, glaring at her. "You're wrong — you had the chance once before...Don't hate someone just because you couldn't say something with your chest. You knew I cared about you. But you let me down! KIARAN IS NOTHING LIKE THAT SO STOP PAINTING HER AS A BAD PERSON."

Relaxing back into the bed, he pressed his help button as he wasn't in the mood for this nonsense with her. He knew why she hated Kiaran, but it was her own fault for not doing the right thing all those years ago. He moved on, and he was in love. What he felt once before or what he thought was love was just wrong, which is why he didn't pursue it any further. All he wanted now was her and no one else.

Lvdymontague
Vote/Comment/Share!!