25 | Cheater.

!! TRIGGER WARNING — VIOLENT BEHAVIOR,SLIGHT MATURE THEMES

Kiaran's POV:

After visiting Eren in the hospital that day, things seemed to move slower. Was the kiss even real?

It had been two days since then. Today was Friday afternoon, and as she had finished all her classes, walking home, she moved relatively slower than usual as part of her didn't want to see Levi. She just needed space, as everything was moving too fast for her pace. The engagement, Eren's car accident, everything, including school. It was just too much to handle.

What was Eren talking about? Levi didn't deserve her? Everything was messing with her head, making it hurt more as she needed to get things together. Someone was going to get their heart broken— but she didn't know who.

The last few days, her classes seemed more lonely without Eren. She could remember how he would check on her at the end of each class to make sure she didn't stay behind.

Or how he would have watched her from a distance to make sure she got home safely. Even if they were little things, she realized how much he cared.

She missed him—it pained her that he had gotten in an accident all because of her just because she decided to say yes to Levi's proposal.

The dream was coming true. The more she thought about it, the more she realized he was right. But still, she was in love with Levi even though her heart was slowly slipping away from him in a matter of days.

Approaching the house's front door, she reached for the doorknob as she realized once again the door was locked. She sighed as there was no reason for it to be locked. Her eyes glanced over as Levi's car was parked in the driveway. Mike's was gone, so— Hanji and Levi had to be home.

Her eyes glared down at the concrete momentarily as she used her keys to open the door. Pushing it open, everything was dark except for the light peering in from the curtains.

She blinked, slowly walking into the house. She slowly put her bag down to hear the faint sound of rock music blaring upstairs. Turning on the lights, her eyes traveled to the floor to see ripped letters scattered across it.

The mail had been piling lately as most of the stuff was addressed to Levi. Perhaps letters about his classes. Kneeling to pick them up, she scanned over them as her tired eyes adjusted to them to realize they were all signed from Petra.

Slowly, her eyes widened, reading them as she could feel her heart begin to drop. Why—was this girl writing these letters? Looking over the dates, they went back to June of last year when they were broken up.

06/13/22.
Dear Levi, I couldn't help but see you across the room that night. You definitely changed since high school. Probably since that brat was no longer by your side, she really brought you down, huh? She would follow you through the halls like a lost puppy without an owner. I can't believe you dated someone like Kiaran. She's so much younger than you, and don't you think the time we spend together is far much better than with a little high-strung brat like her?

06/20/22.
You kept bringing her up every time we were having our little sessions. I wish you would just realize that I'm here. She's not. I wish you would leave her alone already. These nights are so lonely, but I imagine you here and even have my own sessions with your photos.

07/01/22.
Kiaran wanted us to all meet up with Gunther, Oluo, and Eld. Something about old times: she's so annoying. I wish you would respond already. I haven't seen you since the first night, don't you miss me too?