07 | Home Alone.

!! TRIGGER WARNING — USAGE OF DRUGS, MENTION OF SELF HARM, VIOLENT BEHAVIOR

Eren's POV:

God damnit, I fucking hate Monday's. The weekend had finally ended, as the parties were settling down.

Eren walked through the halls to his class, hoping he would see Kiaran again. He hadn't seen her since the big fight at Yelena's party.

Upon entering the classroom, his eyes scanned the room—no Kiaran. Damn, I hope she isn't mad at me for what happened. He thought, making his way to his seat. Oddly enough, her empty seat next to him made his heart ache.

He noticed Levi wasn't in class either. Perhaps they were skipping together? He shook the thought from his head as it wasn't his business.

Today, the class would be cooking something to prepare for the upcoming Beach Drive to raise money for the auditorium. It was run down and needed a makeover. The weather would be hot the next few days as a trip to the beach for the fundraiser sounded fun.

Everyone was assigned a partner by desk, Eren was surprised when he was left alone since Kiaran was absent. "Jaeger," the teacher called. "Have you heard from Miss Shinjo?"

"Sadly, I haven't teach," Eren said, breathing heavily.

"Well, if she doesn't show up, can you drop off the homework for her? The fundraiser will be held this upcoming weekend," the teacher handed him a folder. "From my understanding, she lives off-campus near Sina Townhouses. This is all the information I have on her address.

As he took the folder with the sticky note attached, Sina Townhouses was a small community where many college students lived instead of paying the outrageous fees for a dorm room. "Don't worry, I'll get this to her," Eren said, a tingle of excitement as he looked forward to seeing her.

After the long and boring cooking lecture, the class was over. Finishing the day with a stupid amount of homework, Eren dragged himself across campus that evening to head to the townhouses. The walk burned his feet as it was still sweltering outside, even if it had cooled off some.

Looking at the sticky note, he looked amongst the lined-up townhouses of the complex. Immediately, he spotted the Chevy Impala pulling out of the driveway to leave, but the living room lights were still on. Perhaps Levi is going out? Eren thought.

Walking across the street, he made his way to the front porch. There was Billie Eilish playing on a speaker as he peaked through the blinds. It was relatively empty until he noticed someone's figure walking past the blinds.

Taking a deep breath, he rang the doorbell for a few seconds before pressing it again. When the door opened, there she was. Kiaran stood at the door, vape in hand, as she stared up at him. "What are you doing here?" she said flatly.

Okay, so no, hello? Eren held inhaled deeply and held out the folder to her. "Teach wanted me to drop this off. A fundraiser is coming up," he said.

"Not interested," Kiaran said, ready to close the door.

"—wait!" Eren said, sticking his hand in the door. "Can I at least come inside? It's like hell out there."