35 | Songs.

Eren's POV:

After the first night back in his own house and bed, Eren sat up that morning as his classes were still on hold since his friends were taking care of the rest of his work until the week ended. He would return to his classes on Monday, but for now, he mainly was relaxing as he needed to blow off steam.

With his guitar in his lap, it was like old times as he somehow had the strength to play on his instrument. He was working on something new, as last night made him think of Kiaran in a new light. Thankfully, she was out that morning to take care of some important business and wouldn't be back till later.

Armin volunteered to take care of him that morning as he was preparing breakfast. Humming to himself as his hands strummed over the cords, making a lovely tune, each time Eren wrote down the new words that came to his mind in his notebook. Songwriting wasn't hard for him as he took much inspiration from songs he liked. But he wanted this song to be special so that when the big day came for him to fulfill that promise, he could present it to Kiaran.

Quickly writing down the lyrics in his book, he was nearly complete, as most of the lyrics were coming straight from his heart, and he wanted to make that promise a reality. Tucking his pen behind his ear, he looked over the words as his handwriting was a bit messy since it was the right arm he had twisted, but it would get better over time. Propping the book up, he went ahead trying to tune his guitar, starting to strum onto the C and AM chords, creating a beautiful tune. Nodding his head, he looked at his words to practice his vocals. "I've never loved someone like you before, and I know I'll never love anything more," Eren hummed a bit before fixing himself.

He continued trying to get the right tune in his head, but when it was finally time, he needed his tape recorder. Damnit—

Eren sighed before calling out to Armin as he hoped he could hear him from downstairs. Hearing his faint footsteps almost instantly, he soon heard him down the hall coming toward the doors.

Armin soon entered as his shirt was covered in what he presumed was pancake or waffle batter. Eren snickered a bit before smiling at his friend. "What are you trying to do?" he asked.

Armin huffed a bit, crossing his arms. "Make breakfast, but Connie decided to try and get into the batter, so when I took it back, it got all over me," he explained, gesturing at his shirt.

"Sorry dude—I was going to ask, could you hand me a new tape and my tape recorder," Eren pointed to the shelf filled with all sorts of demo tapes.

Watching Armin walk over, he began digging for a new tape from the bin of unused ones and grabbed the old retro tape recorder. Walking to the bed, his friend noticed the open book with the lyrics. "Already back to making music?" Armin asked.

Eren nodded, taking the recorder. "It's a new song for Kiaran," he said.

Armin, who seemed interested, sat down on the bed. "You mind if I hear? Need someone to test it out, right?" he suggested.

Eren smiled before nodding as he began to set up the tape into the recorder. Setting it up on his nightstand, he gathered himself. Starting to strum his guitar.

I've never loved someone like you before
And I know I'll never love anything more
I give you my all, you can take what you need
I give you my lungs if you needed to breathe
You should know. That I won't let go

I'll be your light when you can't seem to find it
Lie on my shoulder when you feel like crying
You say you're not perfect, but there's no denying
You've always been perfect for me

And there's not a thing in this world you can't tell me. 'Cause I'll take the weight if it all gets too heavy
You say you're not worth it, but darling, you're perfect. You've always been perfect for me

I wanna wake up to you every day
With your head on my chest and a smile on your face. I wanna spend my whole life with you, babe
Making you laugh 'til we're old and we're gray
You should know. That I won't let go

I'll be your light when you can't seem to find it
Lie on my shoulder when you feel like crying
You say you're not perfect, but there's no denying
You've always been perfect for me (for me)

And there's not a thing in this world you can't tell me. 'Cause I'll take the weight if it all gets too heavy
You say you're not worth it, but darling, you're perfect

You've always been perfect for me
Perfect for me, me, me (for me)
Perfect for me (you're so perfect, you're so perfect)
Me (you're so perfect, you're so perfect)
Me (you're so perfect, you're so perfect for me, for me)

I'll be your light when you can't seem to find it
Lie on my shoulder when you feel like crying
You say you're not perfect, but there's no denying
You've always been perfect for me

Finishing the chords, Eren soon paused the recorder taking in a deep breath as his eyes flickered up to meet Armin's, to which he gave an approving nod followed by a small applause.

Proud of his work, Eren felt this was the perfect song to use for the day when he would fulfill his promise to Kiaran. Picking up the tape recorder, Eren listened to the playback to make sure his voice sounded decent enough as he would need to eventually head to a recording studio, perhaps in the future. "She is going to love it when she hears it," Armin stated.

"I hope so. Been working on it all morning," Eren said.

Armin soon stood up from the bed, ready to remove his shirt. "Well, I better get changed and finish cooking. Call me if you need anything else," he said, exiting the room.

Once he had left, Eren sighed, relaxing on his bed as that was enough songwriting for today. He was happy, of course, but it had been a few years since he made a song.

Ever since graduation, the band split up since, well—life got busy. Mike, Hanji, and Levi all went off to college, Kiaran had her car accident, and much more. He wanted to get back into his passion as even if they weren't a band, he could still do his own thing.

Reaching into his nightstand drawer, He popped a pair of earbuds into the tape recorder as he soon pushed play on the device and rewind the song to the beginning, listening carefully. His voice wasn't bad, but it could use work. Folding his arms behind his head, he began listening deeply into the music as he already could see himself using his as a proposal as he wanted to make Kiaran his wife more than anything. No one would rob him of that, not again.

He wondered what Kiaran was doing this morning since she had left earlier than expected. Perhaps just getting some things for the house? He shook the thoughts from his mind as all he needed to do was focus on himself for the time being but also on how he was going to perfect his new song. Laying there listening to the song a few times, he hoped everything would work out. For them both.

Lvdymontague
Vote/Comment/Share!!