17 | Levi's Surprise.

Kiaran's POV:

The drive was long and bothersome as Kiaran couldn't stay in her seat much longer. Fidgeting with her fingernails, she only hoped they wouldn't miss dinner at Mistros.

A bowl of loaded baked potato soup topped with cheddar cheese, bacon, and green onions called her name, with buttery garlic bread sticks on the side.

Lost in her daydream, the car suddenly came to a stop. The ground was mostly gravel as the tires slowly crunched under them. Once the vehicle was turned off, she could hear Levi get out and come around to the other side of the car. Her door opened as his hand reached for her, pulling her out of the car slowly. "You ready?" Levi asked.

Kiaran stood up from the car as she couldn't contain her excitement. "Yes, babe—! Come on, show me what the surprise is, please," she said.

His laugh soon filled her ears as he began leading her to where they needed to be. The ground was gravel, and she could hear their shoes crunching under them, slowly making their way to a set of stairs, the sound of a door opening soon after and then closing once they were inside. "Alright— go ahead and remove your blindfold," Levi said.

Kiaran smiled before undoing the knot and removing the cloth from around her eyes. Opening them, she was greeted by a beautiful display of dimly lit yellow candles and white rose petals scattered at the entrance of a cute suburban farmhouse. The long corridor stretched to the kitchen, as the other rooms appeared to be a dining room, living room, and so on.

Stepping in front of her, Levi held up a breathtaking arrangement of her favorite flowers, roses mixed in with irises, as they were covered with a subtle shimmer of glitter. Clasping her hand over her mouth, she couldn't help but sniffle a bit as she accepted them from him. "Levi—you didn't have to do all of this," Kiaran said.

"Yes, I did—Kiaran. I love you so much, and I know you said we can work this out, which I really want," Levi said, taking her hand. "I want to make this right. Do it the right way—make you fall in love all over again."

Kiaran felt her lips curl to a smile before leaning into him their lips pressing together. His lips, just like she remembered, were back to how they used to be. Warm and gentle, without the feeling of them being bitten. His hands cupped into her face as she melted into him a bit, her heart slowly fluttering into butterflies once again.

She knew that this was what she wanted. Maybe in another lifetime, she would have been with Eren. But no, this is her life now. This is the person she wanted to love.

Pulling away, Levi took her hand, leading her down the hall past the kitchen as they approached a door. Upon opening it, she was once again surprised by the rose petals and candles in the bedroom.

White and golden balloons scattered the oak wooden floor leading to the bed. There was a set of suitcases neatly placed near the dresser, the nightstand table with a bottle of champagne, and two glasses.

But there was more to it. On the bed that was neatly made with beige and white sheets were a few gift bags and one big gift box wrapped nicely in white wrapping paper, followed by a gold bow on top of it. Kiaran smiled upon seeing everything as she set the flowers aside, as her eyes traveled the beautiful room.

Everything was nicely organized, and she could smell the faint bleach as Levi had probably cleaned up everything himself before even setting up the room. There was the large sliding window covered with white curtains as she walked over, peaking out to see the forest stretching in the background, the midnight blue sky adorned with stars.