23 | News.

Kiaran's POV:

September had arrived, and as expected, it was still raining. But, at least the weather had cooled down. It was Thursday morning as Kiaran rolled over, and Levi, surprisingly, wasn't in bed with her. Sitting up in the bed, she looked around his room as everything was reorganized again, as he was just neat like that.

Running her fingers through her hair, she looked over to his nightstand to see a plan B pill box opened nicely with the pill placed on a napkin, followed by a glass of water. She scoffed, going to take the pill. She went ahead, taking it, and soon found a note that was underneath the glass.

Unfolding the paper, she read the note as a smile crossed her lips: "Good morning, my beautiful fiance. If you're reading this—it means I've already left for class for today. Tonight, let's do something. Whatever you want to do, please take the pill and make sure to eat something. My classes end at 12:30 pm today. See you then, beautiful. —Levi"

She giggled, setting the paper aside to get out of bed. The house wasn't empty, though. She could hear Hanji downstairs typing away on her laptop as she probably decided to take her classes online today. Then, the faint sound of drums being beaten from the basement, as it was Mike.

Going to the bathroom, she started to shower and get ready for her day, as her classes were only minimal. As usual, she was caught up.

Once she finished getting ready, she dressed in a comfortable tan sweater and blue jeans, as the weather was a bit cold that morning. Making her way downstairs, she greeted Hanji before making her way to the kitchen. "Good morning, Hanji," Kiaran said, digging into the cabinets.

"Good morning, darling! Did you sleep well?" Hanji smiled, sipping on her coffee and looking up from the table.

Kiaran nodded as she found what she was looking for, opening her tea box. "Yeah— I have been sleeping much better these days," she said, grabbing the electric kettle.

"I bet you will soon be Mrs.Ackerman~ I can't believe you're engaged!" Hanji squealed.

Kiaran smiled, leaning against the counter and waiting for her water to boil. "Yeah— I can't believe it either," she said. "You guys have anything to do today?

"I am finishing an essay— and just sent that to my professor!" Hanji said, clicking down on her old touchpad laptop. "We all just seem to be caught up! Do you have any classes?"

Kiaran crossed her arms underneath her chest. "Just a few. But I don't know what else I might do today," she said, hearing the kettle whistle.

Turning to prepare her tea, she got her mug ready with the tea packet inside. "Did you plan your road trip yet? You better plan it out soon. That field trip is in two weeks," Hanji said.

Kiaran thought for a moment as it was perfect weather for camping, and her Uncle Pixis did have a luxurious RV that was more like a house. "Um— I have to talk to Levi... I don't know how he feels about camping," she said.

Hanji began to laugh a bit. "This is Levi we are talking about. He wouldn't dream of being in the great outdoors—but I would go!" she said.

The two began laughing a bit before going back to their business. Upon fixing her tea, she went to look at her phone to double-check the classes she had for the day. Unlocking her phone, she noticed an unknown number followed by a few missed calls from her dad. Sipping her tea, she called him back, wondering what the problem was.

Waiting for the long rings as she sat down at the table with Hanji, she leaned back in the chair before the call finally connected. "Hey, Daddy— what's going on? Are you okay?" Kiaran asked.