36 | Painful Breakup.

!! TRIGGER WARNING — POTENTIAL RAPE/GASLIGHTING

Kiaran's POV:

Finally, a moment to breathe. It had only been a few days since moving into Eren's place, and the boys drove her nuts with just how obnoxious they could be about teasing her and Eren.

Walking to her townhouse, she spotted a car, one she never thought she would see again. She gasped as it was her Mustang convertible, which was all fixed up. Starting to hurry down the street, she was overjoyed to know she wouldn't have to depend on rides from her friends.

Upon seeing the car, it had been repainted that dark green color she loved, the rims polished to perfection, and inside, everything was just as she remembered. "Oh baby, I missed you!" Kiaran said to herself.

She needed to get the keys as soon as possible. Heading to the front door, she searched for the keys and soon unlocked the door to head inside. She was taken off guard when she saw Levi sitting at the dining room table with something in his hand. Oh crap—I thought he would be out of the house.

Stepping in slowly, she made her way over to the kitchen as she wasn't exactly up for seeing him at the moment, but she soon stopped hearing his chair slide against the floor to turn and face her.

Kiaran froze in her tracks as his cold grey eyes flickered up to hers. He was silent, but surely it wouldn't last for long. "Kiaran—I... I've been waiting for you," Levi said, clutching the paper.

Looking at the paper, she wondered if it was another hate-filled letter from Petra. But when she watched him hand her the paper, it didn't have a name. Raising a brow, she took the paper from him as he sat down, his eyes still on her as he hunched into the chair, clasping his hands together.

She hesitated as her heart couldn't take another letter as the last one broke her. But it looked like he wasn't giving her a choice. There was a total of three papers he had folded up, and she began to unfold them to read them. She noticed they were dated back to May when he had broken up with her and instantly began to hand them back over, but Levi held his hand up to her firmly. She noticed how he trembled just like the first time almost a month ago when he came to get her from Reiner.

Sighing to herself, she stood there, starting to read the first paper, noticing how many times he had erased to correct his wording. Skimming over everything, she could tell just how dedicated he was to writing this.

05/10/22.
To the girl who stole my heart,
Sadly, I didn't have the heart to leave you myself. I couldn't do it because I was a coward. Never in my life had I been so afraid to lose someone again to drugs and alcohol. Do you remember that's how my family was? I was terrified that I would have to bury you next. I thought maybe—if I had Oluo, Petra, Eld, or Gunther break up with you for me, it would be ten times easier. But it wasn't. I loathe myself for doing it. I honestly didn't know how to handle you because you tried to jump off a bridge. For fuck sake, if I hadn't been there—I don't even want to think about it. But I came to a conclusion: I have to either forget about you to let you heal on your own or come back. I chose to leave.

05/20/22.
My dear Kiaran,
I made a huge mistake. There was a party that our senior class put together, and everyone celebrated since it would be our last together before going out into the world. But truth be told, I became intoxicated. That night, one of our friends, Petra, approached me. She seemed to be a bit too friendly when we talked. She would constantly touch and giggle at everything I said to her. But still, in all honesty, I did hook up with Petra. I thought maybe it would make me feel better and distract me from missing you, but in reality, it did nothing but make me want to see you more. But you were busy with other people, I presume. I tried calling and texting, but they never got through to you.